Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Star Wars Battlefront & COD BO 3

detbear

Even if you don't follow the games world much, these new "next gen" titles are visually stunning. Rendering at 60 fps real time(or something like that.)

The real time render world and games show the value of GPU and physically based texturing/ lighting. Light years ahead of CPU.

You can catch a look at these all over YouTube in HD. What do you guys think?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

What I've seen of these is really impressive.

I've been out of gaming since back in the D&D roleplaying days. I recall using my first computer to throw drawing of (mostly) non player characters encountered up on the screen so players had an idea what they were suppose to be seeing.

It's a bit odd that just as computer gaming started to gain major traction I had lost interest in playing.

The difference seems to be that I was more interested in creating the worlds than playing in them, especially those games that it seemed you had to study how the game was made in order to 'win' rather than just play it for the sake of playing. I wonder where I might have done differently if I'd had more interest in actually playing games.

The thing that impresses me most about games these days is that they are increasingly worlds that are big enough to explore and not feel that you are being forced into a particular area of the game (more often than not because the other areas have not yet been created).

One of the last trailers I saw for and Old Republic Star Wars game was really intriguing because it put a lot of time and thought into the storytelling.

It's the one where the twin brothers share traits of good/evil and the twists and turns keep you guessing all the way to the end.

So, as for what I think... I'd say what they've got going is 'Impressive'!

With cinematic quality graphics running in real time... the entry level for game creation is really tough these days.

Aside: Not long ago I had some interested parties approach me that wanted to create a mobile game. I can't talk about much of it because I agreed not to but the short of it is that almost from the outset it seemed that I was going to have to be the one that keep interest high and motivated folks to create the game. This is an all too familiar scenario and what can I say... if I have to be the most motivated person on someone else's project... that project is very likely going nowhere. Where the rubber hits the road, you've really got to be the champion of your own idea. ;)

I'm playing/fighting PS4 Battlefront right now... the experience with almost real sets are amazing. I think how it will works with sony morpheus... :wub:

The forests are simply magnificent...

OwIHH8t.jpg

Star-Wars-Battlefront-Shows-AT-ST-in-Act

I think that as the GPU render gets faster and faster and better and better we will start to see a meld between movies/games... or interactive movies. I am disturbed by what I call 'doom shoot-em-ups'... I was playing DOOM 20 years ago, the graphics are much bettere but the game is basically... DOOM! Are game makers in a rut? That forest looks amazing! Is that on the PS4?

I bought a PS4 this week just to play Battlefront. :-)

I've been busy with freelance work, so I've only been able to play it for a short amount of time, but it's really amazing. I was an addict with the original Battlefront on the original Xbox. Had a group of friends that played for hours every night.

This is light years beyond the original. Not only in the look of it, but the sheer scale. I'm sure once I've played it enough to memorize the maps, they won't seem as infinite as they do now, but on first blush, it's as close to really being dropped in Star Wars as we've ever seen.