Tore

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe toon render/lines only/with a low bias?

Shaded may be a little tricky, but in A:M you can tell any group of splines to render as lines, which should be close to what you are looking for...

Shaded lines will be more tricky, but could be possible using Sweeper to simulate the lines as geometry.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow
Is it possible for A:M to do a final quality shaded wireframe render (see example)?

It's possible that that image is not actually "shaded" by light but is colored with a material to get the appearance shown.

"Render as line" generally won't shade as regular surfaces do.

If you really need a wire frame appearance that responds to light, make a square image like the one shown here and RMB>add image with the whole model selected. Set it to "transparency".

wirerabbit.JPG

That method will give a wire shadow also if you use a raytraced light rather than a z-buffered one.

Ah, right... why didn't I think of that... I already used that for a still at work some time ago... works great.

If you really need a wire frame appearance that responds to light, make a square image like the one shown here and RMB>add image with the whole model selected. Set it to "transparency".

That sounds really interesting, and it seem like it is exactly the look I am after...unfortunately I am to stupid to understand how to do it?? Right click on the model?? Import a black image into the scene?? Please elaborate!! :-)

• Hash Fellow

That sounds really interesting, and it seem like it is exactly the look I am after...unfortunately I am to stupid to understand how to do it?? Right click on the model?? Import a black image into the scene?? Please elaborate!! :-)

It's a black square with a white outline, no alpha channel.

WireSquare.tga

Load your model and open it in a window.

Import this image into your PRJ.

Select any or all of the model that you want to do this to.

RMB on the selection and choose "add image"

This fits the image to every patch.

In the PWS, under the model, set the image to "transparency"

This effect will only show in a render, not realtime.

You can make your "wires" thinner or thicker by making the white outline thinner or thicker in a paint program.