Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animating post action

Have set up a run cycle action for a sheep and need to animate it to a mark using the action, but then keyframe it after that point. I recall a tutorial somewhere about doing that but can't remember where. Could somebody kindly refresh my memory ?

The setup at the moment is that, the sheep runs up to 00:04:09,

The action stops.

I would then like to key it jumping over a hurdle from 00:04:10, using the last frame of the action as the starting point for the keyframing.

I am sure this is possible but, if keys are set after the end of the action, it seems to affect the section before.

This may be caused by too many late nights and early morning, but it is driving me crackers.

Any help gratefully received.

Thank you.

regards

simon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are different methodes but this is one of the easy once:

The magic is - you need to make the actions independ from eachother by setting their influence-timeframes to be different.

See my little video I just created to show what I mean:

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: No audio on this one, just video... should make it clear anyway...

PPS: If you want a transition between two actions, activate it in the properties for the first action and move the second one a little to the right. This will create a linear transition (which can be fine or not, depending on what you want to do...)

The other way is to use the same keyframes on the last frame of the first and the first frame of the second animation as I showed in the video... it depends on what you are after and what your actions are like.

easy_animation.mp4

• Admin

Nicely demonstrated Gerald!

If you are working with two or more actions in a Chor then as Gerald suggests (at the end of his post) you can stagger the Actions in the Chor and let A:M do the blending work.

In this way you don't have to set keyframes because A:M does all that for you.

Attached video show you this method... BUT... what Gerald demo'd is the more direct and CG standard keyframing approach if picking up and pressing on with animation in the Chor.

If you've already got the Actions created though it's a quick way to animate a shot without animating anything else in the Chor.

AnimationBlendMode.mp4