sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dub Step dancer

Simon Edmondson

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=139869...e=2&theater

I don't know if this will show up for non facebook users but, it is perhaps the most astonishing dance moves I have seen in a long, long, long time.

If you tried to animate it accurately, people would not believe it, even if you could do it accurately!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes indeed. Very impressive.

Put some motion trackers on that guy to use as a starting point BEFORE you start to animate. ;)

*It showed up for this non-facebook user.

I wouldn't want to do it anyway but, can you imagine having to clearup the data from the motion tracking sensors ?

A dance organiser and promotor introduced me to Dubstep daning this evening. She is trying to get

Les Twins

to one of her events in Liverpool. Its worth having a look on Youtube for them. They are mighty impressive.

regards

simon

i´ve seen a lot of videos from that guy,

here´s the most impressive in my opinion:

it´s almost impossible to animate something like that, even with motion tracking... the details of the movements are too subtle to even really catch them with the human eye. that´s what makes it look so unreal. i´ve tried to animate dance moves similar to them with video sequences as a camera rotoskope, i just couldn´t get it right. you will have to understand the moves in order to animate them properly, even if you could dance like that, it doesn´t mean that you understand your own moves. i´ve filmed myself dancing and tried to animate that, because i thought i could follow my own moves better, but that just wasn´t the case ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On a continuing theme.

The film quality is not good and, depending on your tastes, the music might not satisfy but,

The moves might impress ?

If you animated accurately it doubts might be raised !!!

LOOOOVE the moves, have always been fascinated by Russian dancers, particularly in ballet, the ability of the men dancers is almost unbelievable.

HATE the music...too bad they didn't use authentic music.

On a continuing theme.

The film quality is not good and, depending on your tastes, the music might not satisfy but,

The moves might impress ?

If you animated accurately it doubts might be raised !!!

LOOOOVE the moves, have always been fascinated by Russian dancers, particularly in ballet, the ability of the men dancers is almost unbelievable.

HATE the music...too bad they didn't use authentic music.

Nancy

In my far distant youth, after a few drinks, some friends ( and possibly I ) would attempt the basic move of squatting and alternating kicking the feet out . we thought it was close ... However, the part in this clip were he holds one leg out horizontal off the floor, then switches to the other leg, without breaking rhythm, is off the scale. A little later, another does the basic move and a backward split, first one leg, then the other. I don't use the word awesome really but that truly was.

I agree with you about the music. UGH.

regards

simon