Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TGA sequence / Asking Questions in the forum

Rodney

• Admin

I'm posting this on behalf of Marigold because I don't have time to properly respond at this moment.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance!

This is from Marigold, who gets to work with AM a few hours per month. I have a lot of retraining every time. My question of the moment is about using a tga sequence as a decal on a piece of paper that is moving across the stage. I can do it just fine if there is only one image, but I need to use a sequence of images, a different image from the sequence for every frame. I searched for about four hours and can't find any advice on this topic. Is there any advice out there for this task?

The other question is how do I ask a question in the forum? I've wandered around the forum for many hours and have never figured out how to ask a question. I see that everyone else has figured it out. Where is the secret code they are all using?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For your animated decal;

Go to the Images folder at the top of the Project Workspace. Right click on the folder > Import and choose 'Animation or Image Sequence...'

This will open a window for you to navigate to the sequence you wish to use. Next click on just the first image in the sequence to highlight it and then click the 'Open' button at the bottom of the window.

A:M will now import the sequence.

Now open the model you want to use it on, position it as you want and hide all the parts of the model you don't want to decal with the image sequence.

Next drag the sequence from the 'Images' folder into the 'Modelling Window' and position and scale it just like a normal decal and apply.

Also if you open the properties for the image sequence in the PWS you will also see that there are some parameters like start and end points, fps etc... you can adjust.

That I think is about all there is to it. I hope this helps.

And as for starting a topic/asking a question, you will need to be logged in and then...

Screen_Shot_2013_08_25_at_21.44.46.png