sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Here's some that were made earlier

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Stuck shoulder MOV. You did a good job in capturing his frustration in just a few seconds of animation.

Thank you.

They were all a bit rushed, I think all of the gum stick one took about 6 hours or so and the new year one was on the day, about four hours.

Would that I was that quick now !

regards

simon

You haven't been here for five years, have you? Were those in some other program?

Robert

I bought my first copy of AM in 1999 I think, V8 ? and used to belong to the mailing list before the forum was setup. To my shame I wasted a lot of time in intervening years and have only really started to come to terms with it in the past two years. The little clips were all done in AM. I started with Imagine on the Amiga, moved to 3DS on PC, then Max when I did some work for a company and they gave me it as payment ( all legal with dongle and docs ). Various health and social problems have intervened since I started but, I'm starting to get a little better at it. Hope so anyway.

regards

simon

I have one thats about 13 years old that I'd like to post ( first I ever did in AM ) but I can't find the codec to convert it to a QT file. It was done on an old PC when my nephew was trying to raise sponsorship to go motor racing. Its plays using VLC but can't find which codec was used under info.

regards

simon

I think it's a great thing for new animators to realize that they can animate almost anything, they don't have to wait until they've mastered modeling and rigging to get started and be successful at it.

If you haven't already tried, you can right-click the file name in the VLC Playlist and choose "Media Information..." There's a Codec tab. You might have to turn down the triangle next to the result.

I think it's a great thing for new animators to realize that they can animate almost anything, they don't have to wait until they've mastered modeling and rigging to get started and be successful at it.

If you haven't already tried, you can right-click the file name in the VLC Playlist and choose "Media Information..." There's a Codec tab. You might have to turn down the triangle next to the result.

Mark

The attraction of AM for me was the ease of use ( I was going to say simplicity ) . The more I use it the more I realise what is possible but, in animation terms it is the best program I have tried, and then some. Max was like trying to plough through an encyclopaedia when you only need to know a few words to get you started. The clincher was that, to make it useable ( this was 98 ) you needed a plug in that cost £1,000+ and installed bones. AM did it already and the user interface was much cleaner too.

Pardon me but, how do you access the playlist in VLC ? I've tried selecting that option in the view menu but nothing seems to appear?

regards

simon

When I stop playing a video it appears in the playlist automatically.

Mark

Thank you. I've found that its done using Indeo 5, further looking suggests that is not compatible with OSX so I'll have to see if theres another way on an old PC in the shed.

regards

simon