Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Updated to version 17 ---

I had let my version 16 expire back in november and had to use my version 12 cd version these past few months . So I had forgotten how nice 16 was. Today I finally got version 17 and have to say --wow its so much nicer than 12 --by light years. ANd renders seem faster than 16 .

The render speed seems very fast indeed.

My only thoughts for anyone with 12 or older for sure ....just toss that aside and upgrade asap ----you will be very happy indeed . Its AM yummyiness.

Nice job developer(s). Smiles . Now on to having some fun.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I had let my version 16 expire back in november and had to use my version 12 cd version these past few months . So I had forgotten how nice 16 was. Today I finally got version 17 and have to say --wow its so much nicer than 12 --by light years. ANd renders seem faster than 16 .

My only thoughts for anyone with 12 or older for sure ....just toss that aside and upgrade asap ----you will be very happy indeed . Its AM yummyiness.

Not so fast, I do have V12 and V17. I find that V12 renders the old porcelain better than any version from 13 on. V12 makes nice Quicktime previews and with the disk and

or a mounted ISO file is very portable. Its also the last dongle version for XP. The things I do like about 17 is the IK switch possibility and the MDD exporter which lets

You use any render engine out there which are all faster than the native one.

Not so fast, I do have V12 and V17. I find that V12 renders the old porcelain better than any version from 13 on. V12 makes nice Quicktime previews and with the disk and

or a mounted ISO file is very portable. Its also the last dongle version for XP. The things I do like about 17 is the IK switch possibility and the MDD exporter which lets

U may want to leave porceilan behind and use average normals and normalweight instead. In v17 u need to switch on and off render as line in the surfaceproperties to see them if i am not wrong....

See u

*Fuchur*

U may want to leave porceilan behind and use average normals and normalweight instead. In v17 u need to switch on and off render as line in the surfaceproperties to see them if i am not wrong....

See u

*Fuchur*

I did try that, and it is a great find, but it looks exactly the same as porcelain at 50%. However with porcelain You don't need to create any groups, just covers the whole model.

Of course if the effect is to be more local than the other way is better. The main difference is that spline crosses create a visible cross on the surface from V13 on, while in V12 and earlier these crosses are still there but just less so. I will try to upload two pictures for comparison. The difference is subtle but clearly visible at the shoulders, just enough to prefer V12 for meV12.bmpV17.bmp

I did try that, and it is a great find, but it looks exactly the same as porcelain at 50%. However with porcelain You don't need to create any groups, just covers the whole model.

Of course if the effect is to be more local than the other way is better. The main difference is that spline crosses create a visible cross on the surface from V13 on, while in V12 and earlier these crosses are still there but just less so. I will try to upload two pictures for comparison. The difference is subtle but clearly visible at the shoulders, just enough to prefer V12 for meV12.bmpV17.bmp

I submitted a bug report for that exact issue.

Hopefully it will be investigated.

• Hash Fellow

I would say that the improved stability and new features of v17 are worth the small effort involved in setting averaged normals on a per group basis.

Is that v17 pic with averaged normals? In my experiments I don't see the crosses anymore with that on.

I would say that the improved stability and new features of v17 are worth the small effort involved in setting averaged normals on a per group basis.

Is that v17 pic with averaged normals? In my experiments I don't see the crosses anymore with that on.

The V17 picture is with Porcelain at 50%, the V12 is with Porcelain at 100%. I had done earlier tests with averaged normals and porcelain at 50% in V17 with the exact same result, but I can try again to verify. Porcelain in V12 and V13+ are different in that in V13+ 0% really means 0. However at 0% in V12 there is still an averaging effect. Interestingly in V12

You can render 3 point patches and CVs with 3 splines crossing smoothly, which is not possible in V13+.

• Hash Fellow
You can render 3 point patches and CVs with 3 splines crossing smoothly, which is not possible in V13+.

Another one of our members was talking about the problem with 3 pointers.

Could you make a sample PRJ in v12 that demonstrates problem and post it? That might make a good bug report.

What's a CV?

I am glad to hear that, I thought I was the only one to recognize the the difference. Thanks

Another one of our members was talking about the problem with 3 pointers.

Could you make a sample PRJ in v12 that demonstrates problem and post it? That might make a good bug report.

What's a CV?

Sorry, I meant CP. I will try to recreate the condition and post it as a render or respective project.