sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Wellies

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Here's a quickly thrown together POC using a boot from A:M Exchange area.

These poor wannabes (I believe they are called notawellies) even have their feet inverted.

I guess evolution ain't all it's cracked up to be. ;)

post-1010-1369089010.png

notawellies000.png

Here's a quickly thrown together POC using a boot from A:M Exchange area.

These poor wannabes (I believe they are called notawellies) even have their feet inverted.

I guess evolution ain't all it's cracked up to be. ;)

post-1010-1369089010.png

Theres an idea for a quick forum competition ?

What could you make from the use of a standard object, eg the boot, just using position, scale and repetition ?

A long time back, I got into correspondence with the then editor of 3D world magazine about a cover of theirs for "Over the hedge". The way the cover was cropped and the image rendered, reminded me of the work of Rex Whistler, Who did a series of illustrations were the characters read differently when the page was turned through 180 degrees ( my parents had his book called " The world of OHO " ). OHO.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&t...=rex%20whistler

A challenge for people far better than me at modelling might be to either replicate one of those or make their own 3D model which had the same visual properties ?

simon

• Admin
Theres an idea for a quick forum competition ?

What could you make from the use of a standard object, eg the boot, just using position, scale and repetition ?

A long time back, I got into correspondence with the then editor of 3D world magazine about a cover of theirs for "Over the hedge". The way the cover was cropped and the image rendered, reminded me of the work of Rex Whistler, Who did a series of illustrations were the characters read differently when the page was turned through 180 degrees ( my parents had his book called " The world of OHO " ).

Reduced 5%

320 x 211 (24.81k)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&t...=rex%20whistler

A challenge for people far better than me at modelling might be to either replicate one of those or make their own 3D model which had the same visual properties ?

simon

Somewhere in one of my boxes of drawings I have the beginnings of a (crudly drawn) comic book where I was going to tell two tales (or one tale that when you reached the end of the book you'd rotate the book upside down and read back the other way. My friend was a skeptic and didn't think I could pull it off and I pressed on just long enough to show him it was possible... after that the novelty kind of wore off. Keeping the story interesting was also a lot of hard work!

It'd be fun to recreate those characters in 3D but... I fear they would have very limited usage.

Somewhere in one of my boxes of drawings I have the beginnings of a (crudly drawn) comic book where I was going to tell two tales (or one tale that when you reached the end of the book you'd rotate the book upside down and read back the other way. My friend was a skeptic and didn't think I could pull it off and I pressed on just long enough to show him it was possible... after that the novelty kind of wore off. Keeping the story interesting was also a lot of hard work!

It'd be fun to recreate those characters in 3D but... I fear they would have very limited usage.

They might make an impressive entry on a demo ?

You'd have to have the right narrative to use them. Perhaps a Bob Godfrey style script based on problem solving were the solution is arrived at when you turn the problem on its head to arrive at the solution, or an illustration of Edward DeBono's lateral thinking approach ?

Your comic idea would certainly gain a justified attention.

regards

simon

Ps

Theres a French feature film with Audrey Tatou in ( can't remember the title I'm afraid ) were it plays half way through giving a particular narrative, then spools back to a point and replays it again from a different view to give the overall narrative.

There was also a very powerful and renown advert for The Guardian newspaper in the 80's which showed one event from 3-4 views to give different suggestions of narrative, comparable to the approaches of other newspaper, The Guardian presenting the wider 'correct' picture of course !

• Admin
Your comic idea would certainly gain a justified attention.

I complicated my project by making it a sword and sorcery adventure.

I will say this... the effort did help me with image composition problem solving and general spatial organization.

Modeling such things in A:M would give a whole new outlook to using Copy/Flip/Attach wouldn't it.

Instead of creating one half of a model you'd only have to create a quarter of it. :lol: