Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Colour Picker - Cannot enter certain values

Seems that the AM colour picker does not allow for entry of the full range available apps (Paint.net, Photoshop, Gimp etc) or it uses its own scale. The colour I want is R 209, G 154, B 98 but do you think AM will let me enter 209 - No. So what do I do to try to match colours?

Actually it looks like a defect with the colour picker value entry fields - they restrict users to 2 digits only....

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fields contain 3 digit values - it just won't let me enter (via the keyboard) more than 2 digits. I've tried the backspace and delete keys in combination a number of times to ensure I have cleared everything out of the boxes......

My laptop is running its default resolution with default display driver. Its a known problem but MS don't appear to want to do anything about it (perhaps why few , if any, other applications use it). There is a posted solution but it requires a hack to the MS Common dialogue control dll - that's a bit beyond my skillset.

OK, the issue may have something to do with the Windows default font (ie what the system uses). Anyone know how to change the default font in Windows 7?

Edit: Copy and Paste won't work in the field either!

Cheers

Seems that the AM colour picker does not allow for entry of the full range available apps (Paint.net, Photoshop, Gimp etc) or it uses its own scale. The colour I want is R 209, G 154, B 98 but do you think AM will let me enter 209 - No. So what do I do to try to match colours?

Actually it looks like a defect with the colour picker value entry fields - they restrict users to 2 digits only....

David

I'm working in V15 with this shot but, I didn't have any trouble with entering the values you desired. Perhaps I am not understanding the problem you describe ?

regards

simon

209.png

Oh - yes, of course - Yes that worked. The defect is in the color picker itself (ie when you double click on the diffuse color or other color) but at least AM has an alternative method of entry. Many thanks.

David

Apologies. I was just about to delete my reply, thinking I had jumped the gun. I just tried double clicking on the diffuse colour under properties and the colour picker dialogue opened up ( I hope thats what it was? ) and didn't have a problem typing in the values. I've had hiccups in the past but used the sliders. I'm using a Mac and V15. so maybe thats different?

Having posted my first effort I noticed others more skilled than me had replied and it might have been a windows problem?

regards

simon

Thanks Simon. Your workaround is ideal for those of us with Windows and locales/fonts that Windows does not fully cater for. Its a known issue for the MS Color Picker. Anything but MS Sans Serif as a system font causes it to fail. My locale (regional settings) defaults the system font to Sergoe UI. Doing a regedit to set the FontSubstitute/MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 fonts from Sergoe UI to MS Sans Serif has fixed the problem.

Cheers