sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Life of an Indian VFX Artist

robcat2075

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's eye-opening and much too short of an article. Each sentence speaks volumes.

I wonder if there actually exists a sustainable business model for creating animated (or just FX-heavy) movies at all. I suppose if the studios that are making billions would treat their employees fairly it might be doable, but I don't think that will happen in light of workers being disenfranchised in almost every industry around the world.

I was generally shocked to hear last week that Rhythm and Hues went under. I always thought they were one of the more stable (at least on paper) FX studios around.

• Hash Fellow

I'm going to guess that these nightmare Indian studios we hear about are mostly the creature of Indian Bollywood studios which produce many more movies each year than US studios do.

But it's still pretty far out stuff. Paying a deposit to work somewhere?

• Hash Fellow

I'm reminded of the old joke...

A man runs into a friend and asks "Hey, how's that job at the circus going?"

The friend replies, "It's awful! I have to clean up after the elephants, the audience throws things at me, my wife says I smell all the time and the pay is lousy."

The man asks, "Well, why don't you get a different job?"

The friend says, "What? And leave show business???"

• *A:M User*
So you think you have problems...

The Life of an Indian VFX Artist

Hard to believe wages are that low, there is no way you can compete with that. I imagine last time wages were that low in the US was about 70 years ago, maybe more.

At least I've never had to work anywhere for free for 4 months. That's a total crock.