sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Picasso type photo

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not at all.

We need to convince that guy to pursue A:M and then he could animate that picasso character. :)

http://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl...273&bih=950

Rodney

In my impressionable youth ( a Looooonnngggg time ago ), my parents had a book called " The World of OHO" by Rex Whistler. The faces could be read differently depending on the orientation of the page. I found it slightly disturbing at the time. A couple of years back I had some correspondence with the then editor of 3D world magazine about the subject, because the cover photo on one of their issues could be read in the same sort of way.

At the time we speculated whether it would be possible to achieve that in 3D? I thought I might have a go at it but have been too busy since. It might be an interesting one for someone with more modeling ability than myself ?

There was a character in the Inspector section of the Pink Panther many years back called "Two Face". Hid distinction was that the face on one side was for a good person and the other for the opposite. You can imagine the gags !

regards

simon

Here's some other odd distorted portraits that caught my eye

I can't remember who it was exactly but, there was a comedian/performer who, as part of his act, did that sort of thing with elastic rubber bands which pulled his features out of shape in a very unsettling way. It built progressively ( if thats the word ) during the act and finished with him completely distorted physically and vocally..

The world of OHO relies on graphic skill for the effect. It would be very difficult to replicate within 3D I suspect ?

simon