3d Ark Article with nice info about A:M

Fuchur

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

3d Ark has been one of the most well known websites in 3d and even so it is not that popular today you may want to have a look at this article:

Character Animation: What it Takes

See you

*Fuchur*

Gerald

Thank you for that. Steph Greenberg used to be a member of this forum I think (?) but, like Vern, I haven't seen him around for some time?

There's two books I own which both recommend AM, one is "Digital Character Animation" by George Maestri and the other is The Animation Book by Kit Laybourne. Both are very complimentary about it. I read them before I bought the software.

simon

Excellent essay, especially the ending!! But I'm curious, this was "posted" the other day, but it appears to have been written in 1997. That's not a negative, just curious about its provenance (for want of a better word).

• Admin
Excellent essay, especially the ending!! But I'm curious, this was "posted" the other day, but it appears to have been written in 1997. That's not a negative, just curious about its provenance (for want of a better word).

I believe the old site was hacked/mothballed a long time ago and this is a republishing of those old articles.

I visited not long ago and didn't see these pages so someone must be there working behind the scenes. At the time I saw a note that said something about republishing but it looked like the effort had stalled.