thought I might get with the season

johnl3d

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Sweet. Looking great John!

I know you have limited time to apply but as a request can you slightly darken/lighten the surface color/skin of the reindeer to differentiate them. I'm thinking of your grandaughter who I know will get a kick out of naming each one. Of course you realize you are going to explain to the kids why Rudolf isn't pictured in this one.

Note also: If you make them move I don't think you need to offset the reindeers' legs. They are trained to fly in synchronistic rhythmetric (and if that for the jingling bells... amazingly silent) harmony.

Ah, the joys of being the Tinkering Gnome *and* a grandfather. :)

• Admin

Now, isn't that better now.

Red nosed reindeer... Now there's got to be a composition lesson in that.

If artists and entertainers weren't up to their usual creative mischief, who else would come up with this stuff?

I suppose that before Rudolf arrived the other reindeer just kind of meandered their way around.

There is an interesting change that is prompted by this change.

Whereas before the composition pushed the focus to the guy in the red suit gifting things out the new composition shifts the focus to what they are going about; redirecting the attention of the audience. The change is one that subtly shifts the attitude (an orientation with implied action or stasis) from one of going to the source to one where the arrival of the source wherever you may happen to be is expectantly anticipated.

This unlikely thread drift brought to you by the makers of Turistocash; 'Leave home without it!'