Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Time Line

Simon Edmondson

In the project on which I'm working, I have a medley of famous songs I animated to.

When I started they were all split up into separate parts and each bit done as an action.

With fresh eyes I realise that may not have been the best of plans (?) so now I am trying to put it all together as one with the whole 1min 54 seconds of medley.

I tried to do this in the choreography but could not get the separate actions to run concurrently, even when I adjusted the input/output settings in 'properties'.

So I tried to copy all the bones info in one action and paste it into a new one, along with the full medley.

That did not work either.

Is there a way to sequence the actions, above the full medley, so I can get the timings right, then come back to it to adjust the animation itself afterwards ?

Imac 3.3, OSX snow Leopard, V15J

Thank you

Simon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
I tried to do this in the choreography but could not get the separate actions to run concurrently, even when I adjusted the input/output settings in 'properties'.

You really mean "consecutively", right.

It can be done, but I'd need to know more about what you have.

You really mean "consecutively", right.

It can be done, but I'd need to know more about what you have.

Rob

Yes, you are correct. I do mean consecutively, my apologies.

What I have is 11 separate actions, corresponding to the separate parts of the medley ( Elvis through to Led Zeppelin ),

One .wav file of the medley that lasts 1min:54 secs.

What I want to do is, make the 11 into one continuous sequence, synced to the respective parts on the medley,

( does that make sense ? ).

regards

simon

Could you show a screen cap of your PWS , showing all the actions onthe timeline?

Rob

Thank you for your reply.

It will have to be tomorrow I'm afraid, as I need a friend to remind me how to do it under OSX !!! I know it is possible but, have used it so infrequently, I've forgotten. Sorry about that.

Embarrassedly

simon

• Hash Fellow
Is this what you require ?

simon

well, not what I was hoping for... :P

That looks like a whole bunch of separate chors.

If you want the actions to be all in one render you'd want them to be dropped on a character in one choreography and then arranged in an appropriate order. Is there a chor where you have that? Can you show that? Basically i'm wanting to see the red bars of the actions in one chor.

• Hash Fellow
Hope this is a little better ?

Yes, that's more like what I expected. :)

Basically the red bar shows when the action is in effect

It seems to be working better today although, for some reason, a few of the actions are shown in the PWS with durations of, for example, 05:13.45, instead of 05:12,

It's possible you have a fractional keyframe at the end of an action, Perhaps you scaled some keys or animated at a different frame rate.

It's possible you have a fractional keyframe at the end of an action, Perhaps you scaled some keys or animated at a different frame rate.

Rob

Thank you very much for your help.

I think the fractional rate possibly arose because I opened and ( made the mistake pf ) saved the action file in a project with a frame rate of 30fps.

I work in 25fps ( PAL TV standard ).

Its a bit frustrating that it has happened, even though 25fps is set as the default in the tools/ options.

Back to work.

Thanks once again.

simon