sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

putting an object (model) into another object (model)

bubba

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

One way to get a whole model with bones groups poses and everything into another model is to save it then RMB>Import it in the second model window.

i think Copying and Pasting is mesh and groups only?

I tried putting a model into another model (object) A:M crashed. I tried a second time - success.

Probably a random mishap, but if you can exactly repeat the crash that would be a good thing to document and AMreport.

One way to get a whole model with bones groups poses and everything into another model is to save it then RMB>Import it in the second model window.

Another way: If you have both models loaded separately, in the PWS, you can just drag one model onto the other.

That's what I did and that's when it crashed.

• Admin
That's what I did and that's when it crashed.

That isn't a normal result of that process and dragging and dropping models onto each other can be accomplished easily.

Something isn't optimized on your end.

If you are trying to do this while viewing the scene in quickrender, A:M may be having trouble recalculating and rendering the imagery on the fly. This may indicate a limitation of access to the RAM on your system.

Another suggestion for older computers and any version of A:M is to save your project before the activity you are having difficulty completing. This will free up maximum resources for the task at hand. If you don't save, some RAM will be unavailable because it's still holding onto your last set of unsaved instructions or changes.

Save often but also consider what other functions and processes are running in memory.

So to answer the question in your topic title:

does it have to be saved first

No, it doesn't have to be saved first but you don't have to experience crashes either.