sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Newbie Questions

Wermus

Hey guys my name is Adam Wermus and I am still trying to learn the ropes of Animation Master(v15)

1) How do you change which camera is dominant during choreography? Say from t= 0 sec to t=3 seconds I want camera 1 to be dominant, then t=3 seconds to t=6 seconds I want camera 2 to be dominant, and then back to camera 1 for the rest of the film? how do I do that?

2) When I try to render a file it takes hours to finish rendering (20+). Is there a way to make that process go by faster or do I just have to be patient?

3) When I have more than one object in a scene for choreography mode, when I play what I have it drags, skips and is very slow making it hard for me to check if I have done what I want properly. What can I do to keep all the objects but not have it run slow?

I use both a mac and pc.

Thanks guys all the best,

Adam Wermus

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking about your question #1... Rob outlines some very good tried and true methods... here is one I envision but have not tested: Your camera 1 is the one that will render, all others can be placed where needed. Toggle thru the 1 key to see and adjust the various cameras.

Apply an 'orient like' and 'translate to' constraint to camera 1... initially with target to camera 2 and enforcement to zero, for the first shot. Then, adjust enforcement to 100% for cut to second camera. Then, change the target to camera 3 for shot 3...and so on.

Q2... render overnight and weekends. Use lower settings for tests. Version 16 will have some render speed improvements.

Q3... you can use the page up/down keys to adjust your realtime subdivision levels, OR you can set these per model by toggling on the keys that appear by each model in the choreography...(See image) bound or vector settings will be easier on your realtime processor and should play smoother. More RAM and staying up to date on video card drivers helps too, natch.

Welcome Wermus!

wtf.jpg

Q1 -generally I use only one camera in choreography... then I use Interpolation methods to manipulate it.

- unhide Timeline ( VIEW -> Timeline )

- manipulate the camera in the Choreography

- select CAMERA ( PWS )

- select all frames in TIMELINE

- right click then choose INTERPLOLATION METHOD -> HOLD

this way the camera will "jump" suddenly from position to another