Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Twin Gecko

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it right this time I done the eye's first and then noise like making a face in the noise part you will see this line how can I get rid of that ?

gecko_model_6.jpg gecko_model_7.jpg

It looks like you've peaked all of your splines...on an organic model, you would rarely do that (at least I would rarely do it). Select the spline and hit the "O" key.

Hope that helps.

Looks like you're modeling the whole face at once. Standard technique for pretty much everything is to just model half. This reduces work time and ensures the result is even (I notice you have some very different splines on the left and right sides of the face). Here's how you do it.

Here, I've modeled half of a happy face.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz035.jpg

Now I select all the points on the side we're going to mirror the object over. In this case, the left side.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz036.jpg

To make sure everything connects properly, these points should be aligned. I do this by scaling the X to zero in the properties box.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz037.jpg

Now I select all the points and shift click on that same side we're going to mirror over. (So the left side again.) Then I right click and choose "Copy/Flip/Attach." The shift click tells the program which side is the one you want to flip it over.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz038.jpg

And that's it! Now I have a perfectly symmetrical... pumpkin... guy... doorknob... face... thing.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz039.jpg

While I'm at it, looks like you're not using hooks. I remember back when I first started using A:M, I didn't really get hooks myself. They're the solution to your dead-end splines - the ones making harsh lines.

For example, here's something like what you've got now.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz040.jpg

Detach the point by hitting shift-K and drag it away from the spline.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz041.jpg

Now you can delete that extra spline. In the future, this is what your model should look like before you make a hook - just end the spline hanging out in the air instead of attaching it and making a dead-end spline.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz042.jpg

Now, finally, drag that spline to the point you had it before and hit the ~ (tilde) key. The program will "hook" the spline into the middle of the other one - without creating a CP. This will make a much smoother line.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz043.jpg

I finally got the hands and arms on the gecko thanks itsjust me for that link.

I'll I got to do now is the legs and feet then tweak the model and rig him

hopefully tonight or tomorrow Oh yah I for got paint.

gecko_model_12.jpg

Think I need to scale the arm's and hand a little bigger ?

I'm working on the material right now and how can I make each material come up into two differnt parts on the same model when I put one material on the model it becomes that color when I put the other material on another part of the model like the belly and render it the whole model becomes that color ?

I'm looking to get the body green and just the belly part white ?

I'm working on the material right now and how can I make each material come up into two differnt parts on the same model when I put one material on the model it becomes that color when I put the other material on another part of the model like the belly and render it the whole model becomes that color ?

I'm looking to get the body green and just the belly part white ?

Here are a few links that might help:

Union Jack material

Solid stripe material

Blending materials

Just curious what cause this on the eye ball the green coming in this is a decal I drew in program called the gimp and saved it as a png ?

gecko_model_14.jpg

I've made a lot of decals using GIMP...I've never seen that kind of problem. If you post the file, you might get an informed answer from someone.

I'll post the file next time I got it work I deleted the decal and started over and save it as a jpg file then open it up in the main model and put the decal on there and it work.... :-)

I like drawing in the gimp and the I like the price tag :D

The model not to that,bad I still need to tweak it but it's about there. I need to add the white belly and lips and rig him.

gecko_model_15.jpg