sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Patch color still around?

Roger

• *A:M User*

There was an option in older versions of AM to set the patch color of something - this was a quick and dirty way to get a "textured" model without creating a material - I used it to get a rough idea of what things would look like.

Do they still have patch materials or no? I can't find them. I thought you could just make a selection, right click, and that would be an option - at which point you would get the color picker to pick the patch color.

Its been a while since I've used it, the last version I can remember it being in was v12 or v13. Maybe it was just moved.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an option in older versions of AM to set the patch color of something - this was a quick and dirty way to get a "textured" model without creating a material - I used it to get a rough idea of what things would look like.

Do they still have patch materials or no? I can't find them. I thought you could just make a selection, right click, and that would be an option - at which point you would get the color picker to pick the patch color.

Its been a while since I've used it, the last version I can remember it being in was v12 or v13. Maybe it was just moved.

This is still available at the exact same spot. Activate the projectworkspace window select some patches in the modelling window and rename the group in the pws which was automatically created. Click on the surface property and on the diffuse color entry... there is the color picker.

FUCHUR