sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

HELP - Installing A:M 2004 on Win 7

Pain

k back in 2004 i bought Animation Master it was kept at my dads to use. Well now I want to use it on my laptop witout having to pay 300 bucks for another one. I o into the update and into am2004 but cant seem to get the correct download nd when I put the disk into my lapto it doesnt give a option 2 download just says play in windows media player nd even when I click on that it says my security settings wont aloow it. I have windows 7 nd im trying to install the 2004 version then update it to the current one, help plz

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

k back in 2004 i bought Animation Master it was kept at my dads to use. Well now I want to use it on my laptop witout having to pay 300 bucks for another one. I o into the update and into am2004 but cant seem to get the correct download nd when I put the disk into my lapto it doesnt give a option 2 download just says play in windows media player nd even when I click on that it says my security settings wont aloow it. I have windows 7 nd im trying to install the 2004 version then update it to the current one, help plz

The latest version you can update AM2004 (11.1) to is located here (Windows). You won't be able to update to the latest version, 15.0j+, using your v11 disc. You can get the current subscription version (1 year license) for $79.99 (US) here if you don't want to pay for the CD version.

Hope that helps.

yes i tried that but when u try 2 open it, it says to insert the correct disk but that is the correct disk

What picture is on your disc?

a orange monster with a purple face pointing at somethin

yes i tried that but when u try 2 open it, it says to insert the correct disk but that is the correct disk

What picture is on your disc?

a orange monster with a purple face pointing at somethin

Then that is the correct disc for the link I posted.

------------------------

EDIT

------------------------

Are you running the installation as administrator? I've never had to do that, but I don't have Windows 7.

Also, are you running any disc emulation software? That has been a problem in the past.

k it wont run at all now nd all that is off is autoplay

Now, run the installation file that you downloaded from the link I posted...that is the latest v11.1. Your computer will access the disc when it needs to confirm it's there.

OK, well try this. (I don't have Win 7 so things might be a little different)

Uninstall all versions of A:M that may have gotten installed. Go into Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and make sure there are no items named Animation Master.

Double-click on your "My Computer" icon on the desktop to open it.

Click on the "Folders" button to split the window into two panes. The left pane should show your drives. The right pane should show the contents of whatever drive is selected in the left pane. This is also a way to bypass any autorun scripts.

In the left pane, select your CD/DVD drive, then navigate to Setup/Windows/

Then double click on Setup.exe to install the software off the CD.

You will need your serial number to complete the installation.

Once that is installed, run AM.

Does it start up?

try running it in compatibility mode?

tried but still no. its just when i insert disk it doesnt say install it says play nd import nd stuff but i did the update nd now when i try 2 run it, it says insert the correct disk which the correct disk is inserted

yea 7 is alittle different nd i cant find the way 2 do that. but i did go through the entire folders on the disk nd didnt see any setup folder

You don't need the setup on the disc...use the links I posted (v11stuff.EXE, then run AM2004.EXE). Make sure "autorun" is off, run those two EXE files with the disc in the drive. That should install the program, then, run it from the desktop icon.

It's been a couple of days since the last post from "Pain" in this thread...I'm assuming the installation problem was solved? If it has been, it would help others who may eventually have the same problem if the solution were shared with the community in this thread.

How it works:

The programm "A:M" itself is not located on the Disc... it is only a "dongle" to make sure you have the right to use A:M (I know that you have).

Here is a step-by-step-instruction:

1.) Put in your A:M-CD in the Disc-drive.#

2.) Any autorun that will start should be IGNORED. Cancle whatever comes up AND leave the CD in the drive. (this is important)

3.) Install "A:M 2004 Stuff" located here.

4.) Install "A:M 2004" located here.

5.) Go to your Start-Menu and open A:M using the link there. (very likely: "Start > Programs > Hash Inc > A:M 2004 / A:M 11.1" (dont rememebe exactly, but should be something like that.)

Tipp: ANYTIME you start A:M you need to have the CD in the drive . After it has been started you can pull it out.

Tipp: ALWAYS ignore the autorun and cancel it.

Now A:M should start.

Trouble-Shooting if not:

1.) Do you have 2 CD-drives? Place the CD in the other one and try again. Maybe you are tryting to use a DVD in a CD-drive? make sure you arent (it is unlikely nowadays, but who knows)

2.) Are you using the right version? If nothing works out with the link above, you can try to install the version on the disc:

- Install "A:M 2004 Stuff" located here.

- Go to the explorer and RIGHTCLICK (RMB) on the CD-drive and choose "Open in new Window".

- Locate the Setup-file on the disc. Very likly it is in the current folder and is called "setup.exe" or "install.exe" or something like that.

- Double-Click on it and install A:M that way.

- Open A:M using the Start-entry (see 5.) )

IF nothing of that above works, the version may not be functional with the Windows-Version you are using. A:M 2004 is about 7 years old when Win 7 was not even planned. So it may be needed to buy a newer version for Win 7. I am running A:M v15 on a Win 7 64bit-computer and it works like it should.

If 299 Dollars is too much for you, you may want to buy the 79 Dollars-Websubscription-Version. It will give you unlimited access to A:M for one year on one computer.

See you

*Fuchur*