sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Model glider texture striping

Cessna172

Hi all,

I'm quite new to A:M, so I guess this is the right forum for me! I've been working on my very first project and I'm getting some odd shading patterns. I'm sure it's a simple mistake in the way I applied peaked splines in one direction and smoothed splines in the other (peaked in spanwise direction along wing, smoothed in chordwise direction along ribs). Is there an easy way to get around this? Or does it even matter when it comes time to texture it?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

post-13128-1275877399_thumb.jpg

post-13128-1275877409_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I see what you are trying for...and yes, it will matter come decalling time. You have some issues in the fuselage too.... you need to do some experimenting to get this right. I would try selecting 'all' on the wing, then un-peaking everything (o) and then just peaking selectively. It may be that you need the OPPOSITE of what you initially did (story of my life) so you would have the cross-sections peaked and the runners unpeaked. Like I said... experiment.

You do know how to select the ring of the cross section, right. Click on the spline so that one of the CPs hilights, then hit the comma key and all others in that spline will highlite... I apologise if thats old hat to you.

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to the forum!

My first wild guess is that somehow that wing got copied and pasted in place so there are really two there.

just to try... click on one CP, hit / to select all connected, then hit delete and see if anything remains.

• Hash Fellow
It was not an overlap problem, I'm afraid. The fix, for now, was to include more splines around the joints where the wing bends and keep all of the splines smoothed.

That shouldn't be necessary. Is that a Final render you showed at the top?