sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

character rigging

urbssenator

Hello

I'm rigging my own character (a smurf) I modelled into Silo.

I got no problems importing the obj file and adding bones.

Now, I'm trying to assign control points to the selected bone. If I'm using the select window in a view, I cannot deselect unwanted points. I did'nt found the keyboard shortcut to unselect the points!

I tried ctrl, alt and so on, but did'nt found the right way!!!

Can somebody help me?

Many thanks

Remy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Steve, but I don't exactly understand.

When I'm selecting a bone, I drag the selection rectangle over the points I want to assign to this bone.

By sample, if I'm in the right view and select the right foot of my character, the left one is also selected. How can I deselect it?

Has somebody made a tutorial?

Remy

• Hash Fellow
By sample, if I'm in the right view and select the right foot of my character, the left one is also selected. How can I deselect it?

If you click in the background, the hidden black model bone will become visible. That is what all points are assigned to before you assign them to other bones. When the black bone is flashing you can assign points to it, making them not assigned to other bones.