Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Render test Clip from for my presentation

What sort of ray traced lights are you using?

In the first shot I had a ray traced light in front of all 3 monitors to simulate the glow of the monitors screen, light output. The blue light on the matrox mx02 also had a ray traced light. I was not able to accomplish this effect without using ray trace all direction light. Either way that shot is done and completed now. Most future shots will avoid it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be sweet if you rendered all this in 3D. Looks like you've got one heck of a render farm going. 2 years seemed a little much, but a month is not too bad.

Yes it will be. the only live action was what was on the monitor in the beginning. OOOOOOOOOOO you mean actual "3D" not just CG. I guess I could do that and thought had crossed my mind but for now 2D is hard enough. 3D would take twice as long to render.

5 years ago I purchased special equipment 3D glasses and a special device that you hook up to your tv SD only. This was not the blue and red glasses this what more like 3D at an Imax theater with no color issues. I created true 3D, Left Eye Right Eye CG in AM Put it in the proper format to work with the 3D glasses and equipment and watched real true 3D on my home wide screen tv. At the time it seemed really cool but like a lot of cool things it was a novelty. I couldn't use this very cool work flow and accomplishment I had created to get jobs with. There was a company that I wowed with it, remember this was 5 years ago. They were doing something revolutionary. The company was called "In 3" They started their RND over 5 years ago and until recently you have never seen their work. They coined the term "dimentionalise" And guess what they Dimentionalised Clash of the titans, and that other movie with the white rabbit. Why did I not get a job there. They only paid $12 dollars per hour and it was a sweat shop. I got a feeling jobs like that will soon be in India or China. I did get my girlfriend a job there, she didnt know how to use a computer so this was a step up for her. As it turns out she is now near the top of the company and managing over 100 people. She got lots of raises. lol We broke up and she does not talk to me anymore.

What was my point. You know what that could be a huge selling point for Hash now that 3D is a buzz word again. If someone paid me which they wont I could come up with a work flow to render from AM and put it into the proper format for the samsung 3D HDTV's and 3D Blu Ray players.

Nice tracking. With shadows, this would look very nice!

Yes I should have went the extra mile and added shadows. Maybe I will do that. It was just a test of AE cs5 roto tool and I wanted to show my friend the guy in the video how to track using syntheyes.