sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2001 Moonbus

Tralfaz

Here is one more model from the movie 2001 - A Space Odyssey. It is the Moonbus, used to ferry the scientific team from the Clavius moonbase out to the Tycho crater where the monolith was found. I remember having the Aurora plastic kit of it when I was in my teens. Found some blueprints for the moonbus, as well as some excellent photographs of master model builder Martin Bower building a studio sized model.

Al

moonbus_0.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Holidays everyone!

Well, I happily downgraded to XP Pro from Windows 7 and A:M appears to be working super smooth again for me, along with my Nero burning software and Vegas video editing software. Yay!

Did some more work on the moonbus along the hull and communications array. I know the model builders used a lot of kit parts when making their models. After looking at the communications array, the center support almost looks like it is part of the landing gear of a jet.

Al

moonbus_0.jpg

moonbus_1.jpg

Thanks everyone.

I would love to pick up that kit again Robert. Don't know if my eyes could handle doing all the detailed close up work. I have problems with my eyes, which is why I gave up building model kits a few years back. Kind of a drag, as I really enjoyed doing that stuff.

Everything you see is all modeled, no bump or distortion maps. And I've said it before, and I will say it again. I just love the way A:M does the AO renders!

Al

Thank you.

Completed all of the major modeling, just have some details to do on the bottom of the moon bus, then some textures. Don't think I will be doing the interior of it, at least not right now.

Al

mbus_0.jpg

mbus_1.jpg

[Edit]

Completed the modeling tonight, and applied very basic textures to the model. The model is now available in the Model section of the Resources (Contributors Cue).

moonbus_0.jpg

[/Edit]