sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Well, then. . . Ok . . . Well, How about this . . . .

MJL

I've been making custom colors for various images. Is there a way to save the pop up color palette specific to a particular project or model? (Saving a Model's custom colors specific to that model?)

I suspect not, but A:M continually surprises me.

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if there's a Window's equivalent, but on the Mac, A:M uses the OS' color palette:

colors.png

By selecting the icon with the three little palettes, you can add colors and palettes to a saved list. (Organized people can name them and save multiple palettes.)

Another helpful thing is that by selecting that magnifying glass icon, you can capture the color of any pixel on your screen. So, you can select the magnifying glass, hold it over one of the color boxes in the PWS, click on it and select that color!

• Admin

I can speak to Windows...

With 'Named Groups' you can save your Custom Pallet with your Model.

You have to play around a little with the Color Dialogue to get a feel for it.

Select a box in the Custom Color area

Then click on a color (I had more success picking from the long thin vertical gradient on the right after selecting the primary color from the field on the left)

Click the 'Add to Custom Color' button

*Don't forget to save your Model*

When you go to select another group the Custom Pallet should still be there to select from.

custompallet.jpg

Alternately, you can select a ring of splines from the group you want to use the same surface settings. Copy and paste it and then delete it. There'll now be a duplicate group created in the PWS. Select it and add the new splines you want to use to that new group.

To add your current colour to the custom colour palette hit Ctrl/C and then use the cursor keys (arrow keys) to navigate to the box that you want to fill with the current colour and press Return/Enter. The custom colour palette is automatically embedded with the model file when you save the model and so is still accessible when you next open the model.