Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Wood Floor

bighop

Hey,

I wanted to see what my living room would look like with a wood floor. I built the walls, and now I'm working on the floor, and thinking of my options:

1. Make a large decal in Photoshop by copying a sample of floor I found on line

2. Putting a decal or material on one board, and keep coping that board until I have a finished floor (I'm thinking that will kill my render times

3? Am I missing another option? (I tried the duplicator plug in, but it won't copy the decal.

Any ideas?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Bighop! Fellow Michigander here(GO LIONS!)... I would FIRST go to the website of the store where you are interested in buying from (Lumber Liquidators, Lowes, Home Depot, 85 etc) and SECOND choose and download a 'swatch' or swatches (jpeg image) of the floor you might be interested in and THIRD make a grid (use the grid wizard) for the floor and apply the swatch as a patch image to the grid-group. It wont 'tile' but you will get a good feel for what you will get, and you could always use a photo-editor to make the swatch tileable.

Don't actually do the job though---because I've been putting it off myself because of the recession we are in and you will make me look and feel bad. ( I have a very large kitchen that is currently CARPETED of all things... and is in bad need of a really expensive remodel...)

Thanks for the help everyone, I knew I could count on this site.

I decided to model my house. I have a small ranch, so it is going well. I don't know if this is the "correct" procedure, but I just made each wall a separate model. (build to size) that way I can move, turn on and off a wall if needed.

Yes the floor is going to be expensive, even with a small house it will cost me, but I'm just in the planning stages now.

Here's a look,

birds_eye0.jpg