sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

sky turns black

petokosun

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as one of the fellow new people to this wonderful program i welcome you

first thing i would check with this is lighting and where its coming from if you have made a complete dome over your field you may have cut the default light source off . I'm assuming here that the buy "it turns completely black" that that means the whole render and not just the dome

if thats not the case try removing the decal and rendering again to see if the dome turns black , if it doesn't it may be your decal and or the settings on it.

if not Rob or John with pull there mystic manual out of there hats and show you exactly what to do

• Admin

There are several thing it could be.

Its quite possible you're object (the sphere) is in front of your camera hiding the rest of he scene but from your discription that doesn't seem to be the case. If you think it is you could Right Click and view the scene from the Right or Left and that'd tell you if that is the case.

'd guess it is more likely you are rendering out a file with the Alpha Channel setting set to 'On'.

In the render panel at the very bottom make sure have Alpha Channels turned off.

This will allow the backgroud color you've set in your camera to show.

Hi- The sky in my world is always black too... my wife calls it 'pessimism'...

But seriously- Check your normals on the sphere...if you are inside it they need to point in.

Try turning the ambiance on the sphere to 100% and make the sphere white instead of black...

Are you rendering in 'final' or 'shaded' mode...if shaded, make sure 'show decals' is on.

You may need to re-apply the decal.

Which chor scene? which camera? is giving you problems ? The materials and image files were not included.

If it is chor 2scene 1c, & camera 1, - Which frame is giving you trouble? Is it 1296?

I notice that camera 1 is moving all over the place in that chor.

Which skydome model is giving you problems? - does the sky dome render in a SIMPLE chor?

Try to create a simple case that gives you the problem

I believe the problem is that 1) your sky dome model is less than 1 inch tall !!!, and 2) you are scaling an enormous amount and that you have your whole chor placed in "outer space" somewhere, along with the lights - rather than situated around the origin - my guess is that there is a computational problem for A:M given the scaling and the weird positioning.

I have simplified your project - there are 2 chors:

OriginalSimplified.cho is your original chor 2scene1c, but it only contains the 2 cameras, and the lights, and the sky dome model 1 new bles - I changed the color on the sky dome, changed it to NOT cast shadows, receive shadows - it still does not show viewed from camera 8. The sun is way out in outer space as well -

worksSCALED.cho - is the first chor - but I scaled the dome down, and repositioned the sun light, and moved it to within a reasonable range of the dome

My guess is that you will have to do something similar with your very complicated chors. Make your domes, lights more reasonablely scaled and positioned.

Hope that helps.

ScaledSimple.prj