sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Getting Started with Animation:Master

Rodney

• Admin

Welcome to the A:M Forum!

I'm Rodney, your host as moderator of the Newbies Forum.

I'm a user of A:M too! :)

The priorities I've set for myself in the forum are as follows:

- Help New Users transition into Animation:Master as smoothly as possible.

- Assist A:M Users as they work through The Art of Animation:Master (TaoA:M)

- Encourage everyone to learn while doing through participation in a full length feature film! (For an example see Hash Inc Film projects such as 'Tin Woodman of Oz')

For over 20 years Hash Inc has been producing the best in software, service and assistance to computer artists. They know the heart of the animator and have provided us with very powerful software solutions in Animation:Master. Now we just have to use it!

Start with simple, realistic and attainable goals. Add more goals as you make progress. Pace yourself and you will find your goals achievable. For the absolute best chance of success with A:M start off by working through the manual; TaoA:M!

Understand that questions do sometimes take a little time to answer here in the forum.

Be patient. Someone will be there for you.

We are in this learning process together. Your input is important too.

If there is a question you'd like to ask or some insights into your progress you'd like to share we'd love to hear from you.

Again, Welcome to the A:M Forum.

It's great to have you here.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the advent of the downloadable version of Animation:Master, the manuals are available virtually.

As Rodney says, the best chance of success with A:M is to do complete The Art of Animation:Master (TaoA:M) course. It's fun and rewarding! You can post all your exercises in the relevent thread in the TaoA:M Forum, where you may get feedback and encouragement from other members of this forum.

You can download both The Art of Animation:Master manual and the Technical Reference from:

http://www.hash.com/2007web/reference.htm

The data to complete the exercises is at:

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/misc/Data.zip (162MB)

Videos of most of the exercises are at:

http://www.hash.com/2007web/vm.htm

We look forward to 'meeting' you!

When your starting to use AM you wil have a "few" questions you will want to ask. I find that using the search option in the upper right corner of the forum can be quite helpful. Click on it and choose More search options and you'll get the window below. You can find answers to a lot of questions in previous posts.

search.jpg

Also the view New Posts will let you see answers to all the latest topics I dragged that link to my desktop and launch from there