sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I have an issue with Nulls

I have an issue with nulls, I have a bone, foot, that is already assigned to the control point and I created the null. And even if I have Attached to parent neither on nor off mater, once I try and control the null from the choreograph nothing happens. Basically I grab the cross and rather than move the foot, the cross just slides around.

Check out the screen shot and see if there is something I am missing cause Ive worked with Poses and Bones before, but never had set up a null. Its my last peice of the puzzle then on my way to animating.

As far as attached to parent, if you make that chenge do you have to re drop it into the choreograph?

post-9110-1246749173_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an issue with nulls, I have a bone, foot, that is already assigned to the control point and I created the null. And even if I have Attached to parent neither on nor off mater, once I try and control the null from the choreograph nothing happens. Basically I grab the cross and rather than move the foot, the cross just slides around.

Check out the screen shot and see if there is something I am missing cause Ive worked with Poses and Bones before, but never had set up a null. Its my last peice of the puzzle then on my way to animating.

As far as attached to parent, if you make that chenge do you have to re drop it into the choreograph?

Where did you assign the bone to the null?

It is very likely that you have to turn on for example the on/off-pose you may have done it in, or whatever.

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

"Attach to PArent" really only has meaning in the model window, it's effect in the chor is more subtle

In the chor Null2 wont' influence anything since it is a child of the other bones, not a parent.

Watch the "Simplest IK leg" video in the tutorial link in my sig for an easy to make leg setup

"In the chor Null2 wont' influence anything since it is a child of the other bones, not a parent."

Yeah I tired making it a parent, or side by siude with the foot bone so to speak, but when its a parent it moves the foot but not the leg. :(

I feel like there is something I am really missing on this one as its the final key to getting this stuff to work. Once I get it I get it and I feel close.

So what is it about setting up a Null that makes it so much different then setting up a regular bone? Do you have to do it in a different window than Bone view. Is it done through a Create pose window? I right clicked everything as well as compared with models that have nulls and I have no idea how theirs work but mine doesnt. Even weirder is that the skelital structure is often seperate from the set up with Nulls. Again this is just one of those things that really arent explained well in the book, cause aparently you cant just "Right click select Null" and expect it to actually work. :P

Watch the "Simplest IK leg" video in the tutorial link in my sig for an easy to make leg setup

Im not sure what you mean by Sig.

I went to your website and looked around, as well as your you tube channel which had some really cool stuff by the way!

Is there a link I missed?

I was able to follow the tutorial and get a rig that you were able to which is great and I think I got my head around what a null does. Though I noticed that when I do something like "lets take a walk" type of animation that its more difficult because the feet still seperate from the legs if you over step, or the body does something odd. Im still going to have to play with it and see if I can figure it out.

I just got done with a 12 hour shift so my brain may be a little spent right now.