sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Certain things not working

guy123

Hello,

I just got a one year subscription, and when i try to do flocking, for example if i right click, select flocking, then birds, it creates the flock, but when i drag a model to 'Shortcut to Birds' the models don't show up. This is the same with crowds and swarms.

Also, I cannot create volumetric effects, when i right click, choose volumetric effects, then any effect, the wireframe circle shows up, but nothing can be seen in shaded mode.

Please help, thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Also, I cannot create volumetric effects, when i right click, choose volumetric effects, then any effect, the wireframe circle shows up, but nothing can be seen in shaded mode.

Aside from the wireframe guide, volumetric effects *don't* show up in shaded mode. They are effects that must be rendered in "final" mode to be fully seen. You can quickly test out a small portion of your screen by doing Shift-Q and Right-button dragging a bounding box around the area (the effect perhaps?) you want to test.

I just got a one year subscription, and when i try to do flocking, for example if i right click, select flocking, then birds, it creates the flock, but when i drag a model to 'Shortcut to Birds' the models don't show up. This is the same with crowds and swarms.

Anything show up when you test render?

I dont' know about this one, but as a general tip a more specific topic title than "Certain things not working" might get you more result since people generally only read posts that catch their attention and the person who knows the answer to your flocking problem may not bother with something so ambiguous.

Hello,

Please help, thanks.

Make sure particles are turned ON.

It is version 15.

I rendered the volumetric effects and it did work, so thanks for that.

But I still cannot figure out how to make a flock.

P.S. is there anyway to change the title of the topic so it attracts more people as suggested?