sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Introduce/reintro

DoylePost

I'm back. Bought A:M at Siggraph in 2006 and started then. Now I am back giving it another shot and more time.

I do have some selfish reasons for restarting my A:M education as I need to create some FX for a short I'm working on and the 2D aspect of AE is killing me.

I'll be stiching together a 3D face of one of my actresses (like the girraffe tutorial) and using it as a base for some 3D sludge that comes out of her pores. Wish me luck.

I was just rereading some of the posts and It still seems to be a friendly place.

One quick question, Will I have better luck using the newer version or will the 2006 version serve my purposes untill I can upgrade?

Thanks all.

Joe

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome back to A:M!

One quick question, Will I have better luck using the newer version or will the 2006 version serve my purposes untill I can upgrade?

Would that be V13? You're pretty safe with that, although there is a new liquid simulation in later versions that might serve your sludge needs well.

for some 3D sludge that comes out of her pores.

I think I know that girl!

V 13 was good...but V15 is much better for speed and dependability, and as Rob mentioned the new 'liquid' feature might help on her...'problem area'...

ALSO--- if you are in a hurry, you might try to copy and paste a face mesh and adjust it to look like her... of course, adding-in her little bulge.

GOOD LUCK! Thanks for coming back! Some of us here may also be able to answer any AE Q's you might have as well.

for some 3D sludge that comes out of her pores.

V 13 was good...but V15 is much better for speed and dependability, and as Rob mentioned the new 'liquid' feature might help on her...'problem area'...

ALSO--- if you are in a hurry, you might try to copy and paste a face mesh and adjust it to look like her... of course, adding-in her little bulge.

GOOD LUCK! Thanks for coming back! Some of us here may also be able to answer any AE Q's you might have as well.

That's a real timesaver. thanks for that. I only need to get it close enough so it looks good. and It sounds like an upgrade might be worth the outlay. Does the new version still run off the CD for copy protection? I'm guessing not since it's downloadable but....

Thanks

JD

The new version comes in two licensing options. A year-long subscription version, which is downloadable, doesn't require the CD and expires after one year; and the CD version that doesn't expire and requires the CD.