sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Better than "make dragon" button

oakchas

I'm not a newbie. Well, I am in many ways even though I've had this program in many versions starting with v3.

Here's a 2 part solution to how to get the most you can out of your version of A:M starting today (providing you have the disk version not just the web version/upgrade).

PART 1:

First thing to do is take your manuals TAO A:M and the Technical Reference to your favorite office supply store... You know... Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, Kinko's... whichever like that.

Take them back to the printing services area.

Ask them to cut off the perfect binding (as little as they can

Have them wire spiral bind them. This will cost you about $4.00 per book.

Take them home.

PART 2:

Put TAO A:M on your desk next to the keyboard. Starting on page 1, do all the exercises in A:M.

Once you have done that, leave TAO A:M on your desk but put the Technical Reference on top of it.

Start a project of your own.

Refer to the books often. You will find this much easier to do now that you have them spiral bound because the pages will lay flat and you can keep one hand ever ready on the mouse to make your next mistake, and turn pages with your other hand to learn how to fix it!

The tip here is to have the books spiral bound (and of course, to use them).

It is VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE: The Margins in the Technical Reference are very tight... you may lose a word or two here and there but most likely just a portion of the word. If you don't think you can _igure _ut _hat the words are... this method may not be for you. You can switch back and forth between the online versions of the manuals, and the program... but I find that method lets you lose your place too easily...

This helped me immensly... It may not help you because you're young and don't know how to use anything but on-line help... I was raised on books... it works for me.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks,

It works for me... The only book I have ever known to be published spiral bound (except some cookbooks) was

How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive by John Muir... They quit the practice before I bought my copy due to the expense of printing that way.

I hate losing my place in a manual when I'm in the middle of following a tute. And I really find switching back and forth between the online version of the books and the program a pain in the butt... It wouldn't be bad in a dual monitor setup maybe... but otherwise, eccch.

• 1 year later...

If you have a the web version/upgrade you can also use a three ring binder.

Down load the web help files, print them out (double sided if you can) get a hold of a three ring binder and a three ring hole punch. And there you have a manual that dose the samething. But you can replace pages or add your own note pages as you see fit. :)