Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TreeZ Update?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm currently working on a short film, which I really should post on the forum, and I need the tree's roots to dig out and through the Floating Island. I've never seen any trees in the libraries, but I use v.13.0t.

there was just a recent post showing how o use the plugin recently use the search in the upper right to look for it

what you could also do is after you build a tree select it and do a copy flip attach and you can then adjust the mirrored model on the bottom for the roots

quick example

tree0.jpg

Where exactly is the problem occuring?

I used the Plugin recently for several trees.

If you really need roots (most people dont need them and they will only add to your rendertime), do it in the way John described it.

For all of you who want to know how to use treez, which is a very good plugin(!):

1.) Create a spline-ring as base (it doesnt have to be a circle. Quite everything is possible).

2.) Select it and name the group "base".

3.) Now you can create some splines manually above the base-ring. Every point will be the aim for one of the branches. (You can although use the lath-tool, etc. ANY CP will be used, if it is a geometry, or only a spline)

4.) Create a new action and rightclick anywhere in it. Go to Wizards-> Treez

5.) If you click anywhere you will see that geometry was created. It is separted into several different groups which will give access to different levels of the tree.

One thing I noticed so is, that the normals are often flipped. For rendering-projects this is NOT important. Only if you want to use it in a game-engine it can be a problem and you will have to flipp the normals manually.

*Fuchur*

Thanks for the tut Holmes! I spent about an hour of my day creating bizzar trees. :)

I found an easy and effiecient way to make roots. I just create a seperate tree and flip it. Then I model the branches to slightly protrude from the island.