Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dancing Mexican Cactus

Masna

Hi, I'm starting to get the hang of A:M so i thought i'd go ahead and make my first model. I decided to make a dancing mexican cactus (why, I don't know). I've finished the model and a continueous dancing action. I downloaded a La cucaracha MP3 and then I started a new choreography. I decided to make the camera spin around the cactus while it dances, but I'm having some trouble with that. I made a path consraint to the path and made another aim at constraint from the camera to the cactus. But whenever I play it the camera stays in its default position and on the last frame appears on the path even though my enforcement is at 100%. Lastly how to I take pictures of my model and post it attached to a forum? Can anyone help me?

Thanks for your time :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...cool idea!

To do a circular path, I would:

-Make a new model and lathe a simple perfect circle...name the model 'path'.

-Bring path into chor and situate and size it.

-Make a new 'null' and place it in the center.

-Assign a 'path constraint' to the camera and hold 'shift' as you pick your path.mdl

-Assign an 'aim at' constraint to the camera and pick the null as its target.

-Now, you can keyframe the 'ease' factor of the path constraint.

To 'take pictures and post' you can simply render out a jpeg image..save it to your local drive...and uploading should be evident here on the forum. Good Luck!

Hey,

Thanks alot for the instructions John, they worked perfectly. :) But I just have tone more question, how do you repeat the camera path cycle? Thanks for all your help!

Oh and also when you render the image how do you save it from there, and how do you render it wireframe and bone mode?

I'm happy to announce it is complete, and it was a success! :D But how do I post it on the forum? It doesn't work on as an AVI. Thanks you for your help everyone! :)

Can't wait to see the animation! Try saving it as a .MOV before uploading to the forum. That works for me.

• Admin

From your Project Workspace (under the Images container)...

- Right Click

- Save As Animation

- Change to the desired format (in this particular case .MOV)

All of this assuming you have the AVI file in A:M to Right Cick on of course.

This is strange but I started work on a dancing Mexican cactus a few months ago. I still need to animate it though.

- Right Click

- Save As Animation

- Right Click

- Save As Animation

Gah! My AVI file and my choreography file are missing! I don't know what happened. :( I right clicked on the choreography and selected Save As. I tried to save it as an animation but that didn't work. Next I selected the AVIs properties but I couldn't save that as an animation either (unless there is another way to do that). So finally out of frustration I renamed the AVI as:

Dancing Mexican Cactus .mov

I went back to see if the file had changed and it was only half a second long! Finally I looked back at the project and the choreography for the animation was completely gone. Even if the animation were messed up I could just rerender it but now the choreography is gone. I don't know what i've done. :o