Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mascot Contest Entry - BigDaddy

Thanks to all who voted for my contest entry. Here is a wireframe of the pic entered. This was another great learning experience with lots of challenges.

I also wanted to thank Robert Ballenger, aka Teh_Demon, for inspiring me to start this project.

Cheers

Eric

Wire.jpg

TopView.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a great modeling job, but i don't feel the weight and power of the source design.

the only specific gripe i could offer would be to thicken up his limbs a bit, but i'm not sure that's the issue.

overall, great entry!

-jon

Thanks cronos.

Jon, I know what you're saying. The rotoscope I used seems to be an early version that looked more like a man, not like the monsters in the game. This was actually ok with me since I did not want to do a mirror copy of the game character. But you are right, this guy is not nearly as ominous. It was just a modeling excercise. My next monster will be totally original and it should be really scary....muahahahahah

Eric, please excuse me scaling down your image to provide a compact example of what is being discussed. :)

I was just wondering if this image is a composite because there is a big blue-green tank of water filling much of the scene but not a single pixel of blue or green is reflected in the liquid on the floor. But your images at the top of this thread answer that question.

Paul, the floor BD is walking on was actually the next to last thing I worked on in this image. I was having some issues with the light lists in this project, so I took what I could get at crunch time. There were so many variables to play with, that I simply ran out of time tweaking it. Just to confirm, there was nothing composited in this scene and no background rotoscopes used. All done with three passes in AM.

Lee, I'm still bummed out that you will not be able to share your talents for some time while you are on your mission. Well, I can take solance in the fact that you will bless people in other ways :) Thanks for the compliment and right back atcha and Iron Man ;)

Case, have you been away from the forum for a while or have I just missed your posts? I still need to work on CREEPY style :P