sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Drawing Straight Lines and Right Angles?

Jentham2000

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I would like to say although I am a newbie, this appears to be a GREAT forum!!! Everyone seems to be very helpful, considerate, and well wishing. I am really happy I decided to buy A:M!

I'm trying to create a very simple model of a bed. At times, I would like to draw a straight line that is perpendicular to another line which results in a 90 degree Angle.

I'm sure the method is in the book or has been discussed in the forum, I just can't seem to find a way to do this.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks again, Bob

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forums, Bob! There are a couple of ways to do what you're wanting to do.

The way to think of it is that instead of making a corner in one spline, you want two splines to come together into the corner.

Try this:

press the "a" key and then click the mouse to make your first CP. Position the mouse where you want to make the corner CP and left click to add the CP and right click to end the spline. Now press the "a" key again, but this time hold the shift button down while clicking on the corner CP you made. You should now be making a new spline that doesn't have the continuity of the first spline.

If I were doing it, I would assemble it out of primitives from the menu. Just rescale them.

Oh yeah, and you'll have to fiddle with the radius edges, or you'll get blobby ends on things. Still much easier than making things from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...