Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Posing Lady Goodbody

jakerupert

When I try to pose Lady Goodbody for a walkloop, I dont understand it how to move the figure around "stiffly" .

Let`s say, I have positioned her feet and want to move her backwards slightly by her hips, then the just achieved pose falls apart again.

I tried switching off ik for her arms and legs, but then when I turn it on again, her legs and arms jump over the place and get twisted.

Thank you for advise

Jake

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2001 rig is not designed to turn the IK legs and arms on/off, that's why the arms and legs are twisted. It use to just jump to different positions, but now with the feature of forced keyframe when turning constraints on/off, it does work that way anymore.

By default, the root bone, parent of all the bones in the 2001 rig, is hidden (not the black model bone). You can go to the bones folder and unhide this bone (it's the first bone under the bones folder). You then can use this bone to move the model around the action or chor, without losing the pose.

Hi Dhar,

Tried what you suggested, but this doesn`t turn the ik of the arms amd legs off either.

Guess the way that mtpeak2 suggests is the way to go.

Put more work on the walkloop nevertheless.

Tried to avoid the right foot go through the ground.

But I moved the last two cp`s in any possible way but no change.

Maybe somebody could give me a hint how to proceed?

See my threat in the TaoAM-section please:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry245394

Jake?

The 2001 rigs IK arms and legs were not designed to be IK/FK switches, so they don't work like one. So turning the IK setups on and off automaticly force a keyframe on the bones in that pose and they do not jump back to the ik targets, even with all filters turned off. You used to be able to position the ik targets, turn ik off and animate in fk, then turning the switch back on, they would jump back to the targets. This doesn't happen anymore, they stay where they were. So basicly yes, the 2001 rig is broken, since it doesn't work like it use to.

• Hash Fellow

Ouch. Has anyone put in a request for an option to turn this keyframe forcing off? There's a lot of AM2001 characters out there.

Fortunately the TSM rig doesn't seem to be affected, I suppose because it uses a percentage slider to choose IK-FK rather than an ON-OFF.

I wanted the forced keyframe as an option within the constraint, but that never happened. This would have eleminated all the keyframes on bones that that don't need it (squetch rig). This has been a problem on the TWO movie, people having to delete keys on bones that weren't animated.

• Hash Fellow
I wanted the forced keyframe as an option within the constraint, but that never happened. This would have eleminated all the keyframes on bones that that don't need it (squetch rig). This has been a problem on the TWO movie, people having to delete keys on bones that weren't animated.

That is something that has perplexed me about working with the squetch rig. I surmised these phantom keyframes had something to do with the switching, but didn't know if they were "needed" even if I hadn't made them myself.

I've experimented with deleting them and so far, no disasters, but leaving them be seems to have no effect either.