Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

bones and more

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a Null - it is a target that the leg bones are constrained to so that, instead of moving each bone individually to simulate a walk, you simply move the Null where you want and the leg, thigh, foot bones will follow it to be at the right place.

You do not "assign" CP's to a Null (normally).

I am sorry the video didn't work for you. The same exercise can be found in the manual that came with your A:M CD :)

I don't know how much experience you have with A:M, but rigging a character properly takes experience. That is why A:M made it easy with a rig that can be applied to a model (usually a human/oid), so that you don't have to go through the time consuming process of building a rig.

This might be helpful for you, Wang:

http://migrate.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22803

The first part of the first Squetch Installation video tutorials has a section where David Simmons goes over the basics of bones. I'm still learning myself. There's a tremendous amount of things that you can do with bones.

Even if you do not plan to use the Squetch rig, there's still a wealth of information passed on in these videos.

• Hash Fellow

First, make sure you have completed the tutorials in "The Art of A:M" that came with your CD. Most of your questions about "Applying" and "Manipulating" bones are answered there. And any other tutorial you do will expect thatyou already know what is in "The Art of A:M"

Here's a simple tutorial about constraints The simplest IK leg

my experience is limited. i have been modeling for almost 2 years in school (an hour a day or so) plus what i have done at home. i have gotten pretty good (in my opinion) at modeling things, but people skills are a little off. i have applied bones to the current model im working on but the nulls dont do... anything. i havnt been able to apply them. and things like the sholders arnt moving quite right. i have messed with the CP options and applied them as best as it makes sence. nothing works help me! and i watched the video again. still dosnt help

• Hash Fellow

There's a limit to what people will be able to do with general questions.

Post a picture of your model doing something wrong and ask a specific question.

We really don't know what you mean by "applying" a bone. We can guess but you haven't liked any of our guesses yet, so... you need to be more specific and clear about what the trouble is.

For example, you don't explain what you are trying to do with nulls , so we can't really know if you're even using them right to begin with.

post some screen captures.

ill get some next time im on the comp at school. somthings wrong with the comp at home, prj. files dont move from home to school well. the project is venom suit spider-man(comic book version not movie) and the skin dosnt move in a realistic manner. there are streaches and sharp parts wher there shouldnt be.