sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Move one part at a time

Steven547

Ok...apologies for this "simple" task I'm sure, but I'm having trouble understanding this. I've read the other posts and probably need it explained in "dummy" fashion. I have a character that moves his left leg. Then, later in the animation, he moves his right leg. However, when playing back, the left leg moves AND the right leg slowly moves at the same time. What am I missing here? It has to do with the keyframes right? Or am I thinking of something else? I want the leg or body part to move first, THEN the other to move after that, not during. Thanks for any assistance.

Steven

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I "understand" that part, but what I don't get, is like I said previous. What I'm looking to do, is basically a "karate kid" jump, followed by the one leg kicking after in the air. But the leg moves at the beginning of the entire animation and not at it's "cue" point. So he jumps, one leg moves, pause, the the other leg is supposed to move.

Well, why didn't you say so?

Go to the frame where the leg is fully stretched (Keyframe of the kick), then back up a couple of frames (or how ever long you want the kick to happen. I'd assume a very quick kick to make it look powerful) and pose the leg in the cocked position. e.g. the kick is at frame 00:00:15 where the leg is fully stretched. You need to go to frame 00:00:13 and curl that leg in.

I hope that helped :)