Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Geddy Lee WIP

Hey all,

The rock band Rush is coming out with a new album soon. To show my appreciation -- and to pass the time while waiting -- I've started working on a little fanimation. Right now, I'm at the modelling stage. Here's what I've got so far:

post-9228-1174869043_thumb.jpg

Feedback and constructive criticism are welcome. A:M's SSS feature rocks! Btw, I'm sorry if it's inappropriate to post this. :unsure:

a proud donor to Neil Peart's motorcycle gas money,

:ninja: Tai

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome! And I don't think it's making fun of him at all. 'Sides he did that song with Bob & Doug Mackenzie all those years ago which means he probably has a good sense of humor.

• 1 month later...

Hey A:M users and Rush fans,

I was never content with how my Geddy model came out -- particularly his face. It just didn't seem to do our favorite Canadian bass player justice. So, after being inspired by what I see here on the forums, I got off my duff and pushed myself beyond my limits. Here's an update:

post-9228-1178489613.jpg

Note: Ged's fingers look a little stubby because I'm going for a more Thom/MySims/Mii-like body type.

This update was brought to you by the letter "Sssssss" because I love Snakes & Arrows and Subsurface Scattering! :P

Tai

Here's a sneak peek at The Professor:

post-9228-1179090842_thumb.jpg

I'm going to take a little break and get some distance, some perspective. Right now, Neil's face looks so off-model to me that I'm ready to quit 3D modelling altogether and take up underwater basketweaving. :unsure:

:ninja: Tai