sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I Hate Seems

professorlava

I have a little problem with the way i make things in A:M particularly around the face and head. I have trouble getting splines to meet so there don't appear to be "creases" . Like when working progressively from around the eyes to the rest of the face creases will apear an i have a hard time not getting them. it must be i have a bad work flow. Does anyone have any hints or tricks they use to get everything to come together right.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, you must mean "seams." Second, post a pic of your work including a shaded wireframe. Third, have you done the tutorials, including "Cooper", and the giraffe? And last, have you searched through the forum for tips and tutorials? After all that, we'll look at your splinage and post comments.

It is a matter of tweaking the bias handles until you get the best blend possible.

After that you may want to try the "porcelain" material. You will find it on the A:M CD in the "data" directory.

Data/Materials/Geometry/Porcelain.mat

Just import this material and then drag it onto a "Group" that you want smoothed.

With lots of patience and practise you can achieve a pretty smooth flow of patches without porcelain.

• Admin
spacer.gif

I have a little problem with the way i make things in A:M particularly around the face and head. I have trouble getting splines to meet so there don't appear to be "creases" . Like when working progressively from around the eyes to the rest of the face creases will apear an i have a hard time not getting them. it must be i have a bad work flow. Does anyone have any hints or tricks they use to get everything to come together right.

Eric is right.

A picture is worth a thousand guesses.

Upload an image of the problem you are experiencing and that'll help both you and those that will assist tremendously.