Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do I make particle effects? Please in lamens terms.

Noganite

<_< Im trying to understand how to make custom particle for use as my jets after burner and a hot air baloons burners. Also need to understand how to make a missle blow up into pieces upon impact with an object. I guess this program is easy if you understand the jargon. :P

Noganite

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Muff. :D However I dont have anything except this program and what it came with and the download for that movie file takes up too much of my work time. Would be nice if the gentleman who created it would make it so people without fast connections could view it (similar to the tuts on the old Hash site). Through trial and error I managed to figure out how to get particles going but now my issue is with keeping them in a strait line. I also was able to find A forum topic that had the flame thing I was looking for. I really just want to make my own cause this will be viewed by the public. Here is a pic of what seems to be going on. Also a pic of my settings.

post-10443-1172017234_thumb.jpg

post-10443-1172017411_thumb.jpg

Yes, John. exactly what I am looking for. Im gunna download your project file and I might just see what ya did! :D I just have trouble with all the jargon it would be nice if there was a "for dummies" book for AM :P Ok, ill post pics soon if I got it to work.

Noganite

Ok well if I select it to be sperical then it isn't particles its just a material texture. Anyhow, when I have the particles on with the better settings it still isn't a stream, it is flowing out in a cone shape. How can I narrow it to a stream? As it is, it really looks silly as hell :P . I also want to know how to setup some way of making it glow like a jet engine. Glow not just a blue color. Here are 2 pics. One is of the emitter and the other is the cone shape issue. :D Thanks for your help guys. :)

Edit: oh you may notices that it is peaked on alot of the plane, well that is because if it is unpeaked it looks like some blimpy ugly cartoon :P Some reason this program wont draw straight lines so I have to peak them.

post-10443-1172269157_thumb.jpg

post-10443-1172269212_thumb.jpg

Concerning your model, you've got some serious spline issues. It looks like you may have come from a polygon modeling background. Modeling with splines is a very different beast. Check out this website for basic splining techniques. http://www.alienlogo.com/tincan/

Hooks and 5 point patches are important to learn as well.

Scott

Make sure the group that is emitting the particles is flat or relatively flat. I threw the project below together with one "rocket" using streaks and one using sprites

You can see the "tails" do not spread. also limit the life of the particles and increase the quantity. The project also used the explosion material on the cd and one of the sprites on the cd as well

streaks.mov

:blink:

streaks.zip

Get it working then tweak till it looks right .

• 2 years later...