Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Feb 07 contest entry in Stereo Vision

nf1nk

For the scifi contest most people re released their contest entry in stereo. I thought that was really cool so, now that the voting is over I feel it is ok for me to repost my entry in Stereo. I would love for other folks to do the same.

oh and I would love comments and criticism.

post-3432-1171299125_thumb.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what settings did you originally put your stereo rendering properties on? As i think they are very good and would like to use them for my creations.

I just used mainly default settings, I used type anaglyph (grey, red/blue), eye spacing of 3" and use the frame distance to my focal plane.

I had to turn off toon render (for some reason I couldn't get anaglyph, and toon to work together).

I was trying to render a stereo version of my entry but it is not working as I had hoped. When I do multi-pass renders the image is black. When I do single-pass renders my computer shuts down when it's almost finished :(

Maybe if anyone know how I can solve this I'll post a stereo render....

Have you tried turning off multi-pass all together for a stereo render.

By the way, Luuk, congratulations for your image contest win and for the superb model!

Yep, that's what I did. It does render but my computer shuts down for a reason I don't understand. I was able to do a 1 pass multi-pass render, but the quality of that one isn't good enough to post.

By the way, thanks to all who voted. All the entries where very good.

Had the same problem with black images when trying to do a multi-pass render in stereo, so just went with no multi-pass.

Did two versions, because I don't own the red/blue 3d glasses. The second image is cross-eyed type.

Al

house_3d0.jpg

house_crosseyed_3d.jpg

Here's the gray analglyph and stereo pair of my Ferry Building entry:

Oh, and btw--great job to everyone in the contest! Thanks to all who voted for mine...I'm honored to have placed in the midst of such an awesome group of entries.

post-3226-1171359465_thumb.jpg

post-3226-1171360193_thumb.jpg

Nice work, guys! :)

My entry was thrown in at the last minute. Not to win. Not to place. Just incase no one participated so there would be something to criticise. :D

I started to model Hampton Court Palace last summer and had to shelve it after about a week so what you see here is just the very early stages of modelling. It is my intention to keep the model as low poly as possible, only adding detail as and when it is completely necessary. Most of the detail will be done with various maps. Currently the whole castle is built from only 8527 patches but I expect that figure to multiply many times before it is finished.

I expect this project to be completed sometime before the next millenium. :lol:

Anyway, I tried to get a stereo render worth posting but these are the best of a bad lot. The "frame distance" is set at 30 metres!

This QT movie isn't stereo but helps to give some idea of the size of the model. The arched door of the entrance is approximately 25 feet tall:

When I get back to this project I will probably start a development thread.

Well, I was able to do the stereo render in a lower resolution without crashing my computer. I believe there used to be a "stereoscopic" section in the forums, but I can't find it. Doesn't it exist anymore? I'll post mine here too.

comments are welcome

I finally found out why my computer was shutting down all the time; My CPU was overheating. I removed the dust from the heat sink, added an extra fan and moved my printer because it was blocking one of the air inlets <_>

And now it does render without any problem, so I rendered out a larger version:

Stereo2_0.jpg

Wow--that's really cool, Luuk! One of the best analglyph examples I've ever seen.

It's funny, the pure red/blue setting for analglyphs seems to give a much truer effect than the grey version. I guess some folks prefer the grey because the result of the red/blue is so strongly tinted. Of course, I always love using pairs, since the color stays true. And it reminds me of using the stereo ViewMaster when I was a kid. :D

• 2 weeks later...