sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modern House

I really admire the work of some of the artist in architectural and I plan on doing some more tweaking as suggest for the brick. After getting hit by a truck, the chiropractor been really great and I am getting my hands back full time. last week I had 2 more fingers to go, and today feels pretty good. Still have headaches but not unbearable. I am going to be alright. Enough about me!

this model nearing 30,000 patches, and I grab the plants from the data CD, and the garabge can as well. Unleash the criticism please.

This house has posable garage door and blinds. Furnish dining room and working on master bathroom.

modern_housenewA0.jpg

modern_housenew_back0.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you plan on animating some scenes inside or is this just to expand your modeling prowess? On that note, It's very well modeled. A bit too modern for me but hey! I don't live there. :D

I would like to know how it would deal with rain water. I see a distinct lack of gutters and the roof is flat. Usually that would end with water/mold damage, and nobody wants that!

Also, try rotating the plants a bit. They look too identical. (The two on the front right in particular)

Keep it up! Keep recovering!

Nice looking house. I'm not sure how the front door works with the interior! Are there five steps down to the front room? Very strange entrance. I'm guessing this house is in Florida or some hot place with little rain, which explains the lack of rain gutters, the flat roof with access for some sun bathing and I'm guessing it faces east because its back windows are small so as to restrain the hot afternoon sun from heating up the interior.

But at 30,000 patches, this'll be a bear to animate render time wise.

Nice looking house. I'm not sure how the front door works with the interior! Are there five steps down to the front room? Very strange entrance. I'm guessing this house is in Florida or some hot place with little rain, which explains the lack of rain gutters, the flat roof with access for some sun bathing and I'm guessing it faces east because its back windows are small so as to restrain the hot afternoon sun from heating up the interior.

But at 30,000 patches, this'll be a bear to animate render time wise.

When I am done with the house I'll make a render of the plants, drapes and interior and then lay it flat as a decal and take out the un-needed patches. Make a low-res version of the house so that the person can chose where the high detail will be needed.

Also depending where you would shoot the scene I would start with a complete house, but you can select the part of model in the scene then copy and paste into another model or make part of model visible, the house is broken down into 3 section, garage, entrance, and dining room. The bathroom is in the garage section, and the dining room is to the front left. The dining room still have more work to do.

The house is constructed off the top of my head, and I did make a rough draft of how it is put together, but the front is base of a architectural drawing from the web. Correct on the facing of the house one side lots of windows the other lack there of. There is no gutter, because modern house are common in florida and made entirely of mortar with rounded bevel edges. I will construct drain hole for the top patio off the kitchen.

ballroomsetv00.jpg

Nice looking house. I'm not sure how the front door works with the interior! Are there five steps down to the front room? Very strange entrance.

the fancier the front entrance sometime indicate the security of the home. There will be no prank door bell ringing, dang! I need a door bell!

here's another angle of the front entrance. I will have to make a decal map instead of procedural and line up the brick better.

entrysteps0.jpg

The part that I find confusing, actually intriguing, is after you enter at the front door, how far down is it to go to the front room?

Without sounding like I have no clue(which I don't) I would say the immediately to the left is the coat closet, straigth ahead on the left side is the stair going up to second level and to the right is down across the Glass block windows which leads to the door access to the garage from inside. The entry has open ceiling all the way up. The skylights from the cylinder tube structure open up at top level letting the lights come thru and also has a circular stairs going to the roof top patio below the roof top patio is the kitchen.

Keep in mind I was only to construct, a dining room and bathroom and the outside of house. The main thing is, I have plenty of doors to not make this a firetrap.

I am thinking of reconstructing the outside house with tranparency maps for all the windows and door. My question is , will the transparency mesh slow down rendering versus mesh? I have one transparency maps for the skylights only.

I think once I convert all the curtains into a decal map, that it will cut down mesh considerably. To make all the blinds posable was work as it can raise and lower as well as turning them.

I don't have a blueprint to the house, but at least I don't have a bowling alley like I did when I had a blueprint of a house when I was 12 years old.

• Admin
i got hit on my bike , again one month apart. i wish people would obey traffic laws. anyway, my effort is back to left arm again.

Rusc,

You got hit by a car twice in one month???

Comes a time when you have to make tough decisions.

If the road you are traveling is filled with cars... well hopefully you get my point. You've got to take care of yourself!

Wishing people won't run you over (the third time) is not what I'd call a good plan!

Nice house BTW! :)

I dont have a choice, I have a $70,000 bill from my double kidney operation and forever in debt, so a bike will have to do. You can see why I voted for a democrats, to get the bankcrupcty law back so I can start over. I want a national health care or something. anyway, my arm is coming along, maybe in a week it'll be better. I still haven't got a new bike yet from Farmers. When I get it, I'll paint it yellow.

I actually felt like breaking down for a bit. just feeling so unlucky. I got a break and came in second for the superbowl prediction with my random guesses. I have great friends, my Tai Chi student went to another tiachi class and the instructor said I did great teaching them the first form. so maybe I am not so unlucky afterall.

incidently both days were on the 3rd of each month. I am taking the 3rd off next month and mark it on my calendar. My final destination. NOT!