sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Concert lighting test

Hi. I work for an A-V event production company that does lighting and sound for concerts. I wanted to see how it would work doing lighting previz in A:M, and try out my own ideas for shows. I tried to incorperate a few basic lighting styles, with plans to add more once I had a system worked out. I found that it is a lot of work and I need to work on setting up a good system for general light control. To control the lights I use a combination of poses, actions, and cho actions. I would preffer to have a library of premade actions, but that didn't always work. Anyways, here are some stills and a short animation of the work so far.

C+C welcome.

stagelights-0.jpg,stagelights-1.jpg,stagelights-2.jpg

The video is 7 meg

Stage light test

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stuff indeed. You use gel maps?

Cool!

It would be great if you could actually generate the control codes from A:M to drive a real lighting rig.

Yep. This is why that kind of visualisation process is quite limited, and kind of dead end process. The specialized lighting software are getting more and more versatile to output that kind of images directly from the data that will also eventually run the show. Of course they don't have all the bells and whistles of A:M to create nice looking renders, but it isn't usually nessessary for visualisation purpose.

I'm not saying that your work is useless gra4mac, not at all. I used to do the same kind of stuff using A:M and it was quite useful in my work, let alone all the stuff your learn from it. But eventually the limitations make it hard to justify all the time required for this. I guess that if you build a library, it'll get less time consuming to create scenes like this for new shows.

BTW, the ROSCO site is full of cookie you can use as reference to put gel in your lights. And if you need a Roboscan model, I have one somewhere. Just PM me.

Good work.