Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Decals

bighop

I scanned in parts of a book.I'm making a book prop(s). The scans are saved as jpegs, I choose them as my new decal, the bounding box appears, but no image. The image is in the DECAL section. I don't know why. I've done the same process before, and it worked. I scanned the book cover under 200 dpi, is that too big?

Ahhhhh!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

I scanned the book cover under 200 dpi, is that too big?

probably. Try shrinking it.

Rule of thumb: if the decal is only going to be x pixels wide on the finished render, it only needs to be x pixels wide in your scan.

Or it could be a lack of video card memory. does it show up in a render?

post-8425-1166770908_thumb.jpg

Or, go to Tools>Options>Global and switch Real-time Driver between Open GL and Direct 3D. Usually that solves it.

hi

hav a problem with this decal abov

and the black part wont show its transparent

i want the purpl and black to show n my model

thanks for the help :D

In the PWS Image properties, you can change the transparency colour of an image. For example if you wanted the black color of an image to be transparent, you would choose black as the Key Color. If you do not want any colour to be transparent, you have to change the Key Color of the image to Not Set:

post-9673-1166790442.jpg

Right click the Key Color, and choose Not Set.

I would suggest that you remake your image and save it as a targa, preferably with an alpha channel for the transparency. I'm not sure if the black in your image is actually pure black, (0,0,0), and the absence of a colour picker makes it difficult to select the correct colour for the transparency. Maybe you should post a request in A:M Reports to add a colour picker to the image properties panel.

In the meantime use the targa method and be sure to set the "type" property in your decal to "cookie-cut".

-----------------------

EDIT:

Actually, I just tried your image, (with key colour set to 0,0,0), and it worked for me, although there is a halo of dark pixels that fall outside the range. This is to be expected with jpeg compression. The transparency didn't show up until I rendered but after that it remained visible in the realtime display.

So...just to reassert: Change the key colour, (image properties), to match the black part of your image and set the image type to "Cookie-cut" in the decal properties. That should do it.