sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Model Library

goodguy20k

Ok, so I'm trying to work through the exercises, but I've hit a wall...

Where are the models? The latest CD I have is AM99, I think. (Whichever one the Dog is on.) For the most part, I go to the FTP to download and install everything. I've downloaded several Data folders off there, but 1) The libraries are different formats (one just goes through and lists a name and then a path. The ones I work with most often use block groups. [MODEL] FileName=../Models/Actors/Thom/Thom.mdl[ENDMODEL]) 2) I can't find the models I need. (The Rabbit, Knight, and KeyKat. I found KeyKat downloadable in the first example, but I'd rather not go searching for EVERY model I need.)

So, which library do I need to download? (Yes, I mean file archive and not Hash Library, there's a difference. I need the actual data files, not the file filled with links, though I'd like that as well.)

I'm looking right around it, I'm sure. Thanks. :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure but you might find them on the Hash ftp site, (link from the main Hash website).

Most recent models will not open in A:M(1999) though as the format changed with A:M13(2006).

Are you running A:M from a dongle then?

Yep, got a A:M12(2005) licensed dongle. The CD's somewhere in the stacks...

The trick is, I've been all over the Hash FTP site... I've visited every Data folder in there, but I don't see the Knight or Rabbit.

Well, not quite every folder.

I found Knight HERE so with a little more looking around you might find Wabbit. ;)

I hope that is the right version for A:M12.

But, shouldn't there be a library around for V12? I mean, these exercises all are built off V12, so there's got to be some library out there that's got everything needed, right? I just don't want to go hunting for every little model for these examples.

• Admin
But, shouldn't there be a library around for V12?

There certainly is a Library for v12. However it won't work for v9 (as I believe has been mentioned).

As I recall the 2001 Rig didn't get released until v9.

Working A:M 2001 exercises with A:M 99 is going to be a rough trip.

You can probably simulate the exercises to an extent but I don't envy you. Thats seven (almost 8!) years ago. Most exercises just won't work in A:M 99 as they will in A:M 2000 and thereafter.

If there are particular models you need that can't be found on the FTP or via Useful Links (See link in my signature below and look a few pages into that topic for links to models) then let me know and I can copy them from my CD for you. Most of those models are on the FTP however. Pretty sure they all are.

There are some models from 2001 that may work for you but I'm doubting it.

They can be found in the projects linked via the Animation Contests: LINK!

As the exercises didn't come along until 2001 I don't suggest working through them in earlier versions.

If you still have the 'tomb' (the old manual) those exercises are more appropriate for those versions.

If you can locate your CD... thats probably your best bet.

Sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear. :(

Rodney

• Admin
I'm strongly considering packaging these up as I go so you can have a download for the exercises.

I'd guess 99% of A:M Users have them readily accessible via their CD.

I thought you still got the CD with the upgraded Dongle? Is that not the case?

At any rate. All of the models for A:M 2005 are on the FTP.

You can find them linked in Useful Links.

There is also the Extra CD. Don't forget that!

You can download files from HERE.

If you just want to download the entire CD in one zip file go HERE.

Any of the Actors rigged with the 2001 Rig can be used/substituted in the exercises.

Rodney

I do believe that the 2005 files you are looking for can be found here:

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/Am2005/

or more directly here:

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/Am...wManualData.zip

• Admin

I just checked that last zip file.

Those last two links are to the most recent additions to the TaoA:M exercises.

Sorry for any confusion.

Any assistance collecting TaoA:M resources will be gladly accepted. :)

Thanks Daniel.

At any rate. All of the models for A:M 2005 are on the FTP.

You can find them linked in Useful Links.

I've spent a lot of time going over the Useful Links thread, and this was the nearest I found. (You said it. :P)

2005 A:M CD -(Not currently listed) You have this one in your CD Drive right!?!?

I guess I'll just use Thom for all the examples. ;)

• Admin
2005 A:M CD -(Not currently listed) You have this one in your CD Drive right!?!?

Eeek. Forgot about that. My apologies.

Once you launch into TaoA:M I'll supply any models you need. (Should you tire of using Thom that is.) ;)

All part o' the friendly TaoA:M service.

Glad to see you are working through the exercises. :)

Ok this is getting... Impossible? ;)

Do you think it would be alright to ask someone with a V12 CD to copy me an ISO? (I really don't want to do anything illegal here, but there are all kinds of audio and other resources for V12 that I can't seem to find.) I have the dongle, so it's not like I'm trying to get a new license, or even a new version. I just didn't get the CD (or anything else) when I upgraded. Just the dongle.

Guess I kinda bummed out on my last upgrade. I didn't get everything, and the license is messed up somewhat (Netrender won't work). If it hadn't come straight from Hash, I'd think I'd gotten a cheap import. ;)

Hehe, you said what I've been thinking.

My guess is they are a bit busy right now, because I've sent a email to support a week or so ago, and no response, and just sent one to Steve yesterday, also with no response, yet, of course.

I realized, I don't need the whole CD. Just the DATA folder, and everything in it. (Which is a hefty chunk of data.)

Anyways, I'm anxious to get through the exercises so I can join in on TWO. That, and brushing up my skills never hurt. ;)

Patience is key here, I'm guessing. :)