sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Alien

Well, I am hard at work on the next segment of my 'Bella Bear' Saga which involves the alien character. So I thought I would show him to you.

He (it?) was originally modeled ages ago, but I have only just rigged and textured him - might have OD'ed on the spots...

I thought I would try a bit of GI and Ambient Occlusion on him but it still looks a bit flat - not to good at that sort of stuff (yet).

Anyway here he is, comments welcome and expected ;)

Alfie_Alien0.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He looks like an alien frog

Do you know what?

I invented this character long before Crazy Frog/The Annoying Thing ever came out...

Same with Bella Bear and her world. I keep thinking people would draw parrallels with my concept and Shrek which didn't appear until 2001 (?). I had my first drawings and ideas in the late 90's...

Oh well, guess I'll have to work faster :)

Mind you nost of all this stuff has been done before in a different guise anyway :rolleyes:

you should animate him with the crazy frog sounds

And get my pants sued off - I don't think so!

:D

Actually, if you look closely at my Avatar (Alfie - he's one of my Bella Bear characters) there is a resemblance. I done him in 2000. He got me first place in the Hash animation competition and hence 'Fellow' status so I owe him a lot B)