Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Tragedy At Ryad

that I did for my church, it was one of the times I really enjoyed going to an activity (maybe it was the good feeling, or the animation, or the ego petting afterwords, not sure which).

Anyway, it was mostly made with A:M, more as a presentation than an animation, but I think you'll agree that it's entertaining and has a good message.

By the way, sorry about the narrator, he sometimes forgot how to read :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

That was fun, entertaining and informative. :)

Even if the religious undertones weren't considered it'd be a pretty accurate portrayal of the effects of advertisement and product branding/placement in the classic 'bait and switch' tradition.

As I watched the bar near the bottom of the menu get closer and closer to the end I was wondering how you were going to tie in the red garment. Nice work.

What perhaps more impressive than anything is the multiple levels your short film works upon within the central theme. While I'd guess this was mostly unintentional on your part I'd like to think it wasn't entirely an unplanned coincidence. What I allude to here is that your use of cute characters for the good guys and a single ugly alien looking bad guy fits right into the same mold the 'tragedy' alludes to; the subtle manipulation of minds and habits over time. This is an eternal element of any storytelling to a degree but it fits into your film in ways other stories wouldn't. Your theme itself provides this element.

On one hand you illustrate the danger of subtle change while on the other you provide an enjoyable chronicle of events of these characters as they unfold. Perhaps too preachy an undercurrent for some? Probably.

Just seeing your take on the old 'bait and switch' makes this an enjoyable view.

On the deeper level its provides a nice introduction to far more serious things.

Nice job!

Rodney

At first glance of the title I thought it's gonna be about the school fire tragedy in Ryadh, Saudi Arabia!

Job well done Jimmy. A theme shared by many major religions and you portray it in a very unique style. I liked it alot. I hope you continue with your "enlightenment".