Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Matrix Hallway

I was messing around with radiosity again, and then ended up building the Programmer's Passage from the Matrix. Years ago I had built it once before (lost in the great computer crash of '04 of course), but without radiosity, the scene never looked right. Anyways, here's the render and project file if anyone wants to take a look at it.

post-8217-1158994823_thumb.jpg

Matrix_Hallway.zip

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks ken. I wish i knew a better way to create scuff marks on the floor. I used an fbm turbulance, but it just looks too uniform like clouds :|

Thanks, Dan...for some reason it does deem to stress me up, bringing back vague memories of the movie perhaps?

Mike

i think it's because this is the movie's cg doppleganger :o

That looks good. Is the light at the top an array or is it an opening to a skydome?

I used an array of 26 Klieg kights for the hallways luminare.

sounds like a job for a diffuse map.

I thought diffuse was only for color? :huh: A texture would probably be better than a material, but i think a reflectivity map would be more usueful than a diffuse map.

I wish i knew a better way to create scuff marks on the floor. I used an fbm turbulance, but it just looks too uniform like clouds
I think you're chasing unicorns if you think you'll find a quick and easy solution to this - you'll have to create them by hand. That said, most of my scuff-type decals are based on freebie grunge maps from DV Garage that 3D World magazine gave away a couple of years back, mixed with the Clouds filter in PS, and some manual blending.

I think you're chasing unicorns if you think you'll find a quick and easy solution to this - you'll have to create them by hand. That said, most of my scuff-type decals are based on freebie grunge maps from DV Garage that 3D World magazine gave away a couple of years back, mixed with the Clouds filter in PS, and some manual blending.

if only the unicorns would leap into my computer in the form of scuff mark decals (T_T) i scoured through that entire site, very cool, and i learned some new stuff about photoshop, but there weren't any floor scuff decals anywhere

I just found a picture of the hallway, and I think my floor needs to be a lot more mucked up, and way more wavy.