Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hungry Fridge

nglemb

I got tired of getting bogged down in modeling and texturing to get to the animating part, so I made this super simple character and took a whack at it. Here's what I came up with in one run through. It definitely needs refining. Any help with the timing and just communcation aspects especially would be greatly appreciate.

hungry fridge wip.

-Nathan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The page you have requested could not be found. (404)

ditto <_<

Alright, the link's fixed.

Hey, that looks pretty darn cool. Good job Nathan. You had anticipation and follow thru in your animation, which pretty much covers the basics of good believable animation. I liked it alot :D

• Hash Fellow

Cute animation! I wish that was in Quicktime so I could step through it and make some suggestions.

But I can make one general one... I think the reason it looks stiff to you is that there's almost no overlapping action. When he moves forward, all of him moves forward as a unit. everypart is reaching their keys at the same time. And when he moves back same thing, every part is reaching the new pose at the same time.

When you can break that up, it helps to make things look less mechanical. Animators spend alot of time breaking things up.

Nancy; that GIF avatar of yours is gonna give me nightmares.

Unfortunately, I am being channeled.

It's a phase I have to go thru.

And this too shall pass.

BACK to BoxGuy being sucked in by REAL unspeakable demons that lurk in everyone's Fridge. (Well, at least my brother's, ewwww).

Great fun idea, Nathan.